Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tobester

Marc Pullen (The Qdoom Guy :)

Anyone else remember FANATIC?

"Marc A. Pullen" <marcpullen@bellsouth.net> | This is spam | Add to Address Book
To:
"Tobias Collins" <tobester666@yahoo.com>
Subject:
Re: fanaticalproductions.net
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 19:34:17 -0400

Yeah, it's been offline for a month or two because I loaned my router
and
DSL modem to a friend to troubleshoot his conneciton problems. So at
the
moment I'm using my backup USB DSL modem which doesn't work with my
funky
DNS setup.
I've actually added more songs and rewritten the site to a more clean
and
basic look, more appropriate for my theme at least.
But the site WILL be back up as soon as my asshole friend gives me my
old
hardware back. Just keep checking once a week or so at the
fanaticalproductions.net address until it comes back up. I plan on
keeping
that domain forever with my stuff on it. I'm guestimating it will be
back up
by the end of June. I'm moving into my first house on the 26th, so
there
would be downtime there anyway. But the new house is ready for DSL, so
it
shouldn't be too long.
Thanks for remembering me! :)
-Marc

----- Original Message -----
To: <marcpullen@bellsouth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 4:05 PM
Subject: fanaticalproductions.net
> Hi.
>
> A while back I remember you had a site with all your
> music on it, and it seems to have been down for a
> while now.
>
> I've been offline for about a year, so I dunno if it's
> permenant or not or what.
>
> Is it coming back on? Gone forever? Moved?
>
> I dl'd all of the midis you had on doomworld, and I
> crave more :D
>
> __________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
> http://search.yahoo.com
>

Me too, if he returns we may see the return of EDGE.

Yes, long time, no post.

I'm glad to hear some of you remember me and still appreciate my contributions to this little corner of the net.

I've actually done a lot of work with stuff you may or may not remember. I figure most of you came on to this site after I left with the upcoming DOOM 3 stuff.

But I've worked on:

1. New Breed - still one of the most aggressive weapons mods using old DeHackEd style modifications, especially the dual Apache chainguns.
2. An unreleased Aliens-like TC based off New Breed, where Kenneth Scott (now working with id software) did graphics, sprites, and other stuff
3. HacX (Kenneth actually got me the job with Banjo, this was before he was snagged up by Ion Storm for Diakatana), did graphics, textures, sounds, music, maps, some DeHackEd work.
4. ROKS - a Legacy engine based DM mod, a giant map with large hallways and several environments allowing for some nice large scale DM matches. This is still one of my most proud maps.
5. EDGE development and support - I helped the EDGE guys for a long long time to help push the engine to where it should be. EDGE still has a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart, and I still believe it's one of the best engines for TC folk like me. If not for EDGE, QDOOM wouldn't exist. If not for QDOOM, EDGE wouldn't be as amazing as it is. We really worked well together and really made things happen. It is a shame that the development has completed fizzled out too.
6. Castle EDGE tech demo - this was the last thing I worked on, and was a new type of game for EDGE. It was supposed to be more like an adventure game with no monsters, but rather a mystery type of thing where you have to figure out what happened in a giant map. I never got to finish it, but it's still a very proud item for me and the accomplishments of the EDGE engine capabilities.
7. QDOOM - the biggest TC I've done, and did 99% by myself. I think I had some help on various areas (Gokuma was a huge help in DDF), but for the most part it was done by just me. Took forever to do too. This is where the Fragging Fanatical CD came from. This is the biggest accomplishment in the gaming world I've done, and I'm still damn proud of it. I know some people hate it just cause it's a Quake mix into DOOM, but it's still cool if you can get past that little resentment. The maps are all top notch and push real 3D in a DOOM source port to the absolute limits. As far as I know, no one else has made a set of maps with as much 3D detail as the maps in QDOOM.

I also did some other stuff, check them out on my site here and on the EDGE site.

http://doomworld.com/fanatic
http://edge.sourceforge.net

I have had the itch to start a new gaming project, but, I'm not sure what I would want to do, or what engine I would use. Not just DOOM source ports, but any engine that's out there now. Being away from editing has left many good ideas backed up in my skull, and they are running out of room and want to get out. The Serious engine looks cool to me, and Unreal 2 as well, but there's always the security blanket of DOOM in the back of my mind. It's just so easy to work with, and so capable. We'll see.

But I still stop by and read the news here at DOOM World almost daily, and it's nice to see things are still going on this old ass game. I'm especially happy to see people putting out new original levels. It just never gets old. :)

"Fanatic" was already taken, or have you forgotten your pass. Cause I could fix that.

I forgot the password, and the forgot password script never sent me an email. SuperflyFanatic will do just fine tho. :)

k, I'll delete the old account, report the postcount and rename this one to Fanatic. So that you know the pass ;)

EDIT: done.

hurry and come back Fanatic :D

I'm addicted to a bunch of your songs

namely map15, map18, map21, map22, map02, and map14

have had some trouble getting the mp3s (3ddownloads takes forever :/) but im trying :)

OMG it's Fanatic! /me faints
Last time I saw you was when I did that thread on things I would've liked to have seen in EDGE 1.28, that was a looong time ago now. :) Welcome back.

The Merovingian said:

k, I'll delete the old account, report the postcount and rename this one to Fanatic.

d00d, don't delete old accounts, then you screw up threads like this. Just rename to Fanatic` or something.

And heh, I still listen to Limits a lot :) I really like the Lonliness, Depression and Anger tracks.

Your Delicate Balance and Fragging Fanatical discs still have dedicated spots in my 60 disc changer. Spot 28 and 36. :-) Keep the awesome music coming.