Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

Which level editor do you prefer most?

Which level editor do you prefer most?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which level editor do you prefer most?

• Deepsea
    • Wad Author
    • Deth/Zeth
    • DCK
    • Edmap
    • Waded
    • Why
    • DoomCAD
    • XWE
    • DMapEdit
    • other

DETH/ZETH.

I have a feeling 'other' will win though, since there are 13487 other editors than those in the poll :P

SlayeR said:

DETH/ZETH.

I have a feeling 'other' will win though, since there are 13487 other editors than those in the poll :P

Well, someone fixed it. :P
Just took the most used Level editors here.

fraggle said:

edmap

...looks at poll results...
Edmap - 0 votes so far

Anyway, I almost always use DCK 3.62.

DeePsea, 'cause it does everything I tell it to do. It's sometimes annoying because of all the error messages (some you can't turn off, like "you didn't put all 8 players and at least 8 DM starts in!") and stuff, but it's good to use. I can make levels swiftly and easily with it. Plus editing scripts and compiling and working with textures is easy too (although I admit I let someone else add new textures to an existing wad because I'm not sure how to do it very well).

Also, can this please be a flameless thread? kthx

Nanami said:

some you can't turn off, like "you didn't put all 8 players and at least 8 DM starts in!"

I never see that message.

Expert mode?

Even in Expert Mode it still says it. Of course it may have an option in the new v13243.24 but I'm not rich.

I'm using DeePsea v11.03, and it always comes up with a box saying "Player ? ? ? start positions missing" (where ? is whatever number is missing), but it has an option to skip the rest of the player checks.

Waded is full of bugs and limitations, but it's the only editor I feel comfortable with.

I use waded, with xwe for error checking and some things waded can't do, and small level edits. I also still need windeu for texture aligning tools.

WadAuthor.

I would use Deepsea if it were'nt for the cujmbersome interface. I'm surte it's customizable and all that jazz, but I can't be bothered with that. :P

Ichor said:

...looks at poll results...
Edmap - 0 votes so far

When I voted, there was no "edmap" option. I voted for "Others" which seems to have been mapped onto DCK or something.

fraggle said:

When I voted, there was no "edmap" option. I voted for "Others" which seems to have been mapped onto DCK or something.

You could always abuse of your priviledges and edit the poll.

I'm a Deepsea man. And who the hell is the Merovingian?>?

Oh good, Hi Julian! I liked the Merovingian. Very memorable characters in that movie.

Nanami said:

Even in Expert Mode it still says it. Of course it may have an option in the new v13243.24 but I'm not rich.

rofl, right because only rich people can spare 20 bucks to upgrade software they probably use more than anything else.