Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been working on a introductory dungeon for Vapor and have taken 2 shots, but before I go much further, I wanted some feedback on the shots I did take. They of course are low quality formatted shots, but you'll get the general idea. Here are the URL's to the shots:

http://www.chasedeluca.com/~ferndawg/Test/DOOM0008.gif
http://www.chasedeluca.com/~ferndawg/Test/DOOM0009.gif

BTW, the hud will look cooler later, it's a placeholder.

I thought your game was going to essentially be a ground up engine specific commercial style modification. By the looks of this (textures/flats/sprites) doom resources are still part of the equation. Is that correct?

The wall torch sprites being made from cut off Doom torches looks odd IMO. This could possibly be because I am so familiar with seeing a stand below those torches. Whatever, to me they look wrong. Why not use the Heretic/Hexen ones?

Aside from that, from what can be seen it looks interesting so far. A moody little intro room there and some very intriguing stuff on the status bar.

funny stuff, looks like mock2's getting some real competition now!

i like the floating torches best of all.

boris said:

That shot is definitely Mockery quality!

heh

Enjay said:

I thought your game was going to essentially be a ground up engine specific commercial style modification. By the looks of this (textures/flats/sprites) doom resources are still part of the equation. Is that correct?

The wall torch sprites being made from cut off Doom torches looks odd IMO. This could possibly be because I am so familiar with seeing a stand below those torches. Whatever, to me they look wrong. Why not use the Heretic/Hexen ones?

Aside from that, from what can be seen it looks interesting so far. A moody little intro room there and some very intriguing stuff on the status bar.

I'm not going to use those textures, as I said, I wanted some opinions of the design before I went any further. It'll have a new texture set and everything when finished, but for now I was just testing some stuff, and have found a few entertaining things, crawling into tiny passages is fun ;) , morphing into a mouse and having an enemy walk on you can result in death O_o. But judging by the feedback I got here, I need to add more detail ;).

Well, everyone was saying that he needed to show some work with placeholder graphics before trying to recruit - and he has.

The hud's the (seriously) best of those pics.

That's it; I'm doing the art. :P

BTW, its not done yet and will be for the ultimate doom. (sourceport needed for vpo bug)

That titlepic pic is actually from a much smaller hexen2 texture. (so cant use that)

Look at Heretic II for inspiration.
Anyway, the architecture looks good

Heh, sort of squarish and stuff, but it works I guess. Sorta funky though. Those torches are pretty fruity too.

I realize it is quite "squarey", but that along with all the other textures, torches, etc, will be changed soon. I'm just making a map to test out some of the features and possibly make it into the optional tutorial map (selectable from the game menu). Ravage I sent you a PM reply a while ago, I wasn't sure if you recieved it. If you'd like to work with textures that would be great, and I suppose you could create some maps without using zdoom features and I'll go back in and add some more special effects only used in zdoom/vapor.

Particle fountains (as actual fountains) are pretty unrealistic.

But the HUD looks nice. Do something about those torches though, heh.