Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geekmarine

Dead? Again?

Geez man, darn it, it seems that work on Freedoom has died down again. Dang, I realize I have the attention span of a rodent, and I have no patience whatsoever, but geez, these things always get me down. And hey, what's up with MAP04? Geez, I had wanted that one, and I had tried to e-mail you fraggle, but apparently it never got through. Oh well, I've got this great map planned out anyways, maybe I'll figure out somewhere else to put it that would really kick butt. Of course, it'll probably end up being contributed to Doom 1, which I can live with, you know, but whatever. Actually, I had been playing around with actually designing it the other day, and I just used episode 1 textures, and I actually really liked the results. Sorry I have nothing to show for my work, because it was all very preliminary and stuff, but I think it will turn out nicely. And as for E1M4, which I'm sure .02% of you people out there care about, it will be done soon. I just need a little time to work out monsters and stuff (gosh that is my least favorite part of map building). Okay, well looking at the status page, I've narrowed down my map to either E1M2 or E1M6, and I might go with E1M6 because I really don't want to have to follow the great work on E1M1. Geez, Jon, way to put pressure on as far as level quality is concerned.

My lame attempt at sparking interest again failed pretty horribly too. I'm sure there are still people who are actively working on major parts (ok, probably just maps) who just don't post here anymore.

geekmarine said:

Geez man, darn it, it seems that work on Freedoom has died down again. Dang, I realize I have the attention span of a rodent, and I have no patience whatsoever, but geez, these things always get me down. And hey, what's up with MAP04? Geez, I had wanted that one, and I had tried to e-mail you fraggle, but apparently it never got through.

Sorry about that, it seems it got lost in my inbox :( I've assigned you E1M6, though.

I tend to miss a couple of emails occasionally.. if I dont reply in a few days, keep emailing me until I do. I'm kind of busy with Uni stuff (large projects and exams) so I might be missing more stuff than usual.

I've only got a little bit left on Map10, I'm about 9/10 done and about 75% of what I have left is monster/ammo placement. Since Freedoom seems to be moving at a pretty slow pace, I'm working on some other stuff for other projects in the meantime and holding off on Map 10 until Freedoom is moving a bit faster.

As for my other maps, you can open those up again since I'm really not sure if I'll be able to get those done.

Bling bling!

I've just done some modifications to the build system; you can now download latest.wad which contains all the stuff since the last proper release. This is for people who want all the latest bleeding edge stuff.

Although, there isnt much since the last release.