• missle launcher
    • plasma rifle
    • chaingun
    • pistol >_<
    • chainsaw
    • Double-barrel shotgun
    • Bfg 9000
    • regular fist

If anyone has news on the Doom movie if there is going to be one i'll share my opinion with anyone.

For the love of Satan, please NO Doom movie. I can't see how Doom fans can possibly be satisfied. We WILL find something to bitch about, since everyone of us has a different vision of a Doom movie.

Doom 3 would probably be far more realistic anyway.

geh, i hope not. it's bad enough id's getting people to completely redo the doom story, a doom movie at this point would be awful.

Ah, to be a n00b again. :)

A history of the Doom movie in the DoomWorld forums:

DooM - The Movie ?, begun by Renegade_Style on 07-02-01

On the Doom movie again, begun by Jeremy on 07-12-01

READ!!!!, begun by Jeremy on 07-29-01

DOOM movie, begun by bigbadgangsta on 08-08-01

thoughts concerning a Doom movie..., begun by Prime on 11-14-01

Doom Movie Question, begun by KingKill33 on 12-19-01

isn't a doom movie?, begun by MyStiKaL_BiOn on 12-20-01

Wasn't there a hollywood movie of Doom?, begun by Kai on 03-11-02

doom movie.. what do you think?, begun by HAMMER-STROKE on 06-03-02

Doom Movie, begun by RailGunner on 07-30-02

Any word on a movie???, begun by Affirmative on 08-18-02

Action figures, a new novel series and maby even a movie.. [kewl], begun by HAMMER-STROKE on 08-19-02

Doom, the movie, begun by WhileIM on 09-25-02

The Doom Movie, For Real This Time?, begun by Linguica on 09-25-02 *

if worst comes to worse..., begun by Ct_red_pants on 09-28-02

A very cool idea (in my opinion), begun by ricky_steel on 01-10-03

A Doom Movie?? , begun by MagnuM on 04-16-03

Doom movie, to be or not to be, begun by Gau666 on 05-22-03

I like to keep this thing updated. For the archives, you know.

* Can somebody give me a link to this Top Story?

Oh, and the answer to your question is "not to be."

Zaldron said:

We should just have a [movie] tag.

It would have to be constantly updated to be accurate.

Then again, [/BBG] isnt a supermod anymore either. :)

I don't know if you guys know this but, i'm sure there are a hell of a lot of Final Fantasy fans out there and that movie had nothing to do with the games, AND people had different views of how the movie would be like. And people still wet there pants over it the movie cuz it was that damn good, who's to say the Doom movie won't be like that. And even though people loved the Final Fantasy movie people still found things in the movie to pick out that were "wrong" or "bad".

ravage said:

It would have to be constantly updated to be accurate.

Then again, [/BBG] isnt a supermod anymore either. :)

Heh, that's why it says FORMER super moderator in my tag (which everyone abuses :-P)

Anyway, uh, Doom movie would only be good if it was based on Doom 2, that way, it wouldn't be in some cramped moon-base, but on Earth, cities full of monsters an all that.

Gau666 said:

I don't know if you guys know this but, i'm sure there are a hell of a lot of Final Fantasy fans out there and that movie had nothing to do with the games, AND people had different views of how the movie would be like. And people still wet there pants over it the movie cuz it was that damn good, who's to say the Doom movie won't be like that. And even though people loved the Final Fantasy movie people still found things in the movie to pick out that were "wrong" or "bad".

What? Name one thing that was "good", besides maybe the computer graphics.

monochrome said:

in the doom movie: meat loaf will play the marine
there will be lots of impsex
mancubi will be freed.

that's my two cents. again.

Sounds pretty good, although Meatloaf should be a Mancubus himself.

Disorder said:

Sounds pretty good, although Meatloaf should be a Mancubus himself.

roflamo.

You're wrong. We love Doom too much to be able to bear the kind of travesty Hollywood would make out of it.

Let's face it, video games make shitty movies, and Doom doesn't have much of a story or characters to begin with. It's a game, leave it at that.

Gau666 said:

You people must really hate Doom if you don't a movie

Quote of the Month.

A Doom movie would be the greatest disaster to hit the Doom community - it would shatter the ideas and dreams of hundreds (if not thousands) of doomers.
People would bitch about the actor playing the Doomguy, people would bitch about it likely having little to do with the game's story, people would bitch about the movie plot being sucky on its own, people would bitch about it being too much of a typical action flick, people would bitch about the demons being cheesy (which is like 100% likely if they DO make this PG-13 Doom movie they threaten to do). The list goes on.

My sense of Doom reality has already been shattered once curtesy of the #£¤$€ (unintelligible swearword) Doom Novels, but a movie would triple that effect. I don't want that to happen.

At least there's a chance that Doom 3 will spawn a new novel series that will kick the currently existing novels to the darkes spot on the dark side of Deimos.

Bottom line: A Doom movie would be doomed from the start, and that's why we don't want a Doom movie for the life of us. We want Doom to remain pure, which only the game series can be.

i totally agree with DSM about the doom movie.How can Hollywood even begin to get anywhere near the feeling the game produces ? I think it would (will) be an expensive flop. Anyway, who could play the doom marine anyway ?

Any number of people could play the marine, but for some reason, this is one role that Ahnold just wouldn't fit well in.

wasn't this put to hell? hell, let's just have a 'doom movie' forum. allow spamming and postcounts and not worry about it. i'm currently organizing a team to hunt down and maime (or kill) anyone involved in a real doom movie project. any volunteers?

Super Shotgun is the best, gotta love that sound! Plasma gun second, it does alot of damage without delay like the BFG9000.

I once saw this picture, I believe I saw it in the newdoom forums. It was used as someone's avatar and it's pretty good for a Doomcharacter I think. Except, maybe he's a little too young.

But realy, I'd rather not have a doom movie.