Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

Blood sprites

Is there a wad with Blood's enemies sprites?

Well, it doesn't have all of them, but my mod, at http://www.zxdware.net/ebdoom does have 3 of the Blood monsters, but they're all bosses[Cerberus, Tchernobog and the Stone Beast from Plasma Pak]. I do know Cacodemonleader has the Cultist and the Stone Beast in Cacodemon Squad, but he hasn't yet released a public demo for it. :\

Maybe what I put in above can help you a little bit. Do note these are at their original sizes because EDGE is the port used for EB Doom, and it can scale sprites to the proper sizes, so you'll need a port with sprite scaling to use these right.

I downloaded Ebdoom, but I can't find any wad to extract the sprites. What can I do?

Also, does someone notified that the final boss of Blood looks as Edmundo's walking version of the Icon of Sin? Also, the butcher is very similar with the fat zombie of DOOM 3.
Some really good stuff can be done with that sprites

There is a cacodemon squad demo, but it doesnt have any blood stuff in, maybe in his new version (that also has some sprites from me in, shinra soldiers from my old abandoned final fantasy doom thing XD)

Yeah, deathbringer, it is a much more recent beta of CS, and it does have the ShinRa soldiers in it. Caco's been at times sending me his recent works because he and I help work on each others' mods. [thanks to him, I didn't need to import the Battlelord, Zilla, or the Stone Beast myself, and in return, I've given him Tchernobog, one of his clone types that will appear in the next public beta, and perhaps if I can improve my style, another clone type.

Baron of Sigma said:

most of the monsters' and allies' sprites can be found in EBACTORS.wad, and not EBDB655.wad

Sorry, I'm looking for it but I can't find it. Do you remember a link?

deathbringer: If I have the time, you will receive the next latest beta at the same time Baron of Sigma will. The Cultists will fully be like Blood's, with their original sawed-off shotgun attack sounds, and they even throw TNT now =). Also, beware when using the BFG9000, Cultists have a rough 30% chance of becoming one of those nasty beasts from the Blood Plasma Pak, and if you thought they were bad in Blood Plasma Pak, they'll be even more terrifying in Cacodemon Squad.

btw Vegeta, the sprites for Cerberus inside ebactors.wad are CER* (where the star is the different Cerberus states).

I can't find the wad, there're only severals dll and other files like that. Is there a place to download it uncompressed?

?_?

There are NO dlls in the main file. And just so you know, it's 54MB uncompressed, so there is no way I will allow it to be downloadable uncompressed.

Also, the file is in a different zip format called .7z, which requires a program called 7Zip, which can be downloaded on the main site as well. What link are you clicking on to download the game? The only thing that might have dlls in them is the 7Zip stuff itself.

Ahh right XD, the only version of cacodemon squad i have is the really old public demo, does the new beta run with the new EDGE, or is it still for the old version?

deathbringer said:

Ahh right XD, the only version of cacodemon squad i have is the really old public demo, does the new beta run with the new EDGE, or is it still for the old version?

You'll see when you run it. I still have yet to make everything up to date with EDGE 1.27, but other than that, the beta can run on that version of EDGE :)

Baron of Sigma said:

?_?

There are NO dlls in the main file.

I believe he meant that all he could find (via an internet search engine or whatever) is unrelated dlls with the same / a similar filename.

Well, he really didn't need to use a search engine if that is the case, since I posted the link to the game site in my first post (again it's http://www.zxdware.net/ebdoom). The top two links in the left of the page are the main game and the 7Zip stuff, which is all you need to unzip and play the game.

Also, for those wondering why it's in this '7z' format, it's because a friend of mine was complaining about the size and told me about 7zip's compression abilities, and how they could compress files even better than most Zip programs do, and I ended up reducing my last beta from 24MB to 18.2MB, so I saw it as a good thing, so I don't want people saying it sucks :P

No, the dlls are from that program, silly me, excuse me.

I learned how to make it work.

Its very helpful, thanks I'll se what can I do

Ok, nice to know.

One, I just remembered one final little detail.

Cerberus does not lose his skin or flesh when he dies in EBD[thus the sprites for that cannot be found in EBD's wads], because Cerberus is not the same as the one in Blood in terms of his backstory: he's actually a guardian of something like his original legend implies, and loyal only to himself and his puppies[yes, you do face his puppies all over the game, and they're much worse than Hellhounds in Blood].

Alternately, I believe blood came with a sprite editor, if I'm not mistaken. At least the version I have does. You could just extract it from there.

EllipsusD said:

Alternately, I believe blood came with a sprite editor, if I'm not mistaken. At least the version I have does. You could just extract it from there.

The Version of Blood I got did have Editart, but it was missing one thing: The Palette Data!