Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

ports??

sorry i know this is not doom, but what ports exsist for duke3d and what are the sites for each.

tried searching a bit last night with no luck

The source code was only released recently, so I really don't think there were any ports besides the original game engine.

Thanks for that link!

I just had a run through Hollywood Holocaust and one of my old custom maps and it works great.
I'm running WinXP as well.

yea ran good for me in 2000

however i have another question, i want to use the linux version too. however u need to compile it and seeing that i know nothing about that. if anyof u are linux users and have the duke3d port for linux please send me the binary

A lot of Doomers seem to play Duke. Should I invest in it? All I have is the originals (Duke I, Duke II, and Duke III), which are sidescrollers (sorta like Mario with a gun). Any suggestions?

insertwackynamehere# said:

A lot of Doomers seem to play Duke. Should I invest in it? All I have is the originals (Duke I, Duke II, and Duke III), which are sidescrollers (sorta like Mario with a gun). Any suggestions?

Yes, you should. Get all the mission packs as well if you can. (and a ton of custom maps on the web - if you can find them as I've no idea where they've gone)

Duke Nukem 3D is very much unlike the original sidescroller, really. As far as gameplay is concerned it's quite good. The plot is cheezy and there's a fair deal of crude and juvenile humour, which may or may not affect your enjoyment of the game. Still I'd rank it as one of the better FPS games around, and one of those with gameplay closer to Doom's than those that came later (the Quakes for instance).

Wtf? Duke III is Duke 3d...

BBG said:

Wtf? Duke III is Duke 3d...

insertwackynamehere# is probably confused by the fact that Duke 1 is split into 3 parts, which are labeled 1, 2, and 3.

yes there are a number of rott ports, i think. i have run across a few, mainly for linux.
yes get duke3d and duke manhatten project. though for its time duke was not a fancy and loaded with features but it was hell of alot of fun to play