Are you a geek?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a geek?

• Yes
    • No
    • My friends consider me geeky
    • I am somewhat geeky
    • Impse

I am really into computers and am taking a networking course in college and that but I don't think I qualify as one, as I ride sportbikes, have a very beautiful/smart girlfriend, play sports, have a good paying job as well as a few other things at the age of 19. How bout you?

G-double E-K
Well, for the most part; I play games all day, I only listen to Sonic Music, I have everything about Sonic Related objects, I Do my school projects using as much as something to do with Sonic as I possibly can, I do my best to want to embody Sonic to the point where I gel my hair in a fashion of spikes, I plan to dye my hair blue like Sonic's, I dearly want Red Shoes with a White stripe across it, I run like Sonic does :D, I watch Sonic everyday and play it everyday, I have memorized all the songs in All the Sonic Games I have played, which are pretty much all of them, along with the beats for the songs, words to the songs if they have any, and I have CDs, full of Sonic music. And I plan to learn Japanese for the soul purpose of watching Sonic Shows and perhaps games without having to wait for it to be made in english. :D
Yay Sonic. :D

Anyone not voting "Yes" is a stinky liar (or sadly deluded).

24.65483% - Geek

Damn it! It didn't ask the right questions! And it gave too many decimal places, given the number of questions.

On the geek test, I scored 7.88955% - Poser.

I HAVE...
always hated mainstream
written a letter to the editor

I HAVE BEEN...
labeled socially inept

I HAVE... (2)
roleplayed
argued about which "Trek" is the best

I HAVE READ...
comic books
fan fiction
hypertext fiction
gaming books

I HAVE SEEN (2+ times)...
The Fellowship of the Ring
Any Star Trek movie

I OWN...
a few gaming books
Magic the Gathering cards
1 or 2 computers
magnifying glass

I LIKE TO...
play with words/sounds
do logic games
use 1024x768 or higher
use 1280x1024 or higher
make people think I'm weird

I PLAY...
Weird Al Yankovic
music that nobody else listens to, ever

I WEAR...
a digital watch

I HAVE... (3)
played Final Fantasy
created a website
submitted my personal website to search engines
owned a personal domain

I KNOW...
what dpi stands for
the names of 3 temperature scales
and the freezing/boiling points of each
the difference between nuclear fission and fusion
how to count in hexadecimal
what the blue screen of death means

I KNOW... (2)
what GURPS stands for
the names of 5+ Hobbits
5+ Star Trek characters
the odd/even number rule of Star Trek movies
that the new millennium started in 2001
how to write 1999 in Roman numerals

BONUS ROUND
I think this Geek Test is really cool

AndrewB said:

a long list of pointless crap

uhh, thanks for posting all your answers for all the questions on the test. i'm sure everyone's going to actually want to read through all that.

sargebaldy said:

uhh, thanks for posting all your answers for all the questions on the test. i'm sure everyone's going to actually want to read through all that.

Do you know what you're talking about? Those are the answers for 7.8% of the checkboxes on the test. That's like 1/13th of the test.

READING COMPREHENSION, ARE YOU PROFICIENT IN IT??

sargebaldy said:

uhh, thanks for quoting al his answers for all the questions on the test. i'm sure everyone's going to actually want to read through all that AGAIN.

AndrewB said:

Do you know what you're talking about? Those are the answers for 7.8% of the checkboxes on the test. That's like 1/13th of the test.

READING COMPREHENSION, ARE YOU PROFICIENT IN IT??

uhh yes i do realize that, but it's still 69 lines of crap no one's going to read. if you want people to know everything about you, put it in your blog or something. because frankly, most people don't give a shit whether or not you own a magnifying glass or wear a digital watch.

sargebaldy said:

uhh yes i do realize that, but it's still 69 lines of corn no one's going to read. if you want people to know everything about you, put it in your blog or something. because frankly, most people don't give a sash whether or not you own a magnifying glass or wear a digital watch.

Considering that I have the smallest geek factor of anyone on this thread so far, I think I've got quite the right to post the small number of geek-related things that I was able to answer yes to.

And most importantly, why don't you SCREW OFF and learn to make a huge fuss out of something that's ACTUALLY IMPORTANT?

uh, no one at school knows I'm a geek, but everyone here and possibly a select few know it.
I'm a huge Sonic fan, too. :)

My result on that test, done completely out of honesty.

9.46746% - Geekish Tendencies

What do you think?

NERDS

23.07692% - Geek

10% of that comes from I have seen/read

Another 10% comes from playing too much D&D

Heh...THAC0...archaic garbage!

I am probably considered a geek since I play doom and pen and paper RPGs. I don't know shit about computers though, which may reduce the geekyness factor a bit. I also have friends and a girlfriend, hmm. I guess somewhat geeky sums it up.

AndrewB said:

I WEAR...
a digital watch

"There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some of the most popular are: Why are people born? Why do they die? Why do they want to spend so much of the intervening time wearing digital watches?" -- Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

So I guess that answers the "Have you read Douglas Adams" question for me :)

15.97633% - Geek

Hmm, makes sense... I do know a bit about computers (but not really on the hardware side of things) and I used to roleplay... I do go out a fair bit and I have a girlfriend though.

16.96252% - Geek

If I had taken this test 5 years ago, brr...