Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
revenant_fister

Coolest/Funniest Doom Moments

FirePit.wad, with three other people...!
Shit gets off the hook when there is close to 2000 monsters in the way (and its a death match level)...

Grimm said:

I agree. E1M8, with its completely different style, its music, and the Barons of Hell, was simply fucking awesome. No other way to describe it. Shame how Barons of Hell aren't really even remotely cool anyomre . . .

The level is still cool, along with the BOF.

Hopefully the lord of hell in my wad will be able to bring back some of that old fear

or not, people will probably go "oh look, ripped graphics and sounds *yawn*" XD

Pretty much just about any time playing coop, there's bound to be a funny moment.

Usually it's when I open a door, say hi to my buddy, he shrieks and blows me away with the SSG.

No! Wait. I have the funniest.

Coop again, buddy of mine whips out the RL in a tight narrow hallway, and wasn't thinking. Walks right up to a pinky and unloads. Oh, I think I have a screenshot of that somewhere.

Ralphis said:

Funniest thing ever was me, deathz0r, and 20+ followers destroying ABC.

With BFG's i presume.

Well... one time in E2M8 good ol´ Doom. I wuz fightin the Cyberdemon and okay, I never kill all the lost souls that are floating around... jizz dont feel like it.

So okay, this time he shoots sum rockets at me and I dodge... but right behind at that point wuz a lost soul rite. So the rocket goes into the soul and the blast damage kills me.

Funny as shit I tell´ya

I remember when I played zdaemon on dwango5 map07, FFA server...when I aimed one guy with ssg...fired...not only that he died...two others close to him did too :). 1 SSG shot= 3 kills, thats a way to save ammo ;). Had few similiar situations on map01 ffa too :). Makes a good laugh all in all :).

don't remember what wad it was, but I remember running down a hall way, setting off countless triggers of doors all around me, each containing like imps and barons...I turn around and manage to kill all of them without cheats or dying but I was scared shitless....so I'm like "thank god thats over" and I'm only left with like 7% health, I turn the corner, and I get shot by a pistol zombie....and to top that all off I didn't save for the past 3 levels! haha

funny, sure...at the time, no! ;)

Doom2, Map 32, Grosse

Funny and Cool

I walked up to the door, it opened, and oh boy, theres a Cybie.

Cyberdemon: Roooooge!!!
(Wa-PUSH) #---))))>
(Wa-PUSH) #----))))>
(Wa-PUSH) #-----))))>
Me: AAAAIIIAAAAAA!!!!! (Red Screen)
-Splat-

DooMBoy said:

Well, it's not Doom, but Heretic:
In E2M9, there's a way to telefrag yourself. Just go all the way up the glacier, then shove one of those magical pods into the teleport and walk in after it. Nine times out of ten you'll be telefragged. I found it strangely hilarious when it first happened to me.

Yep, it does happen in Heretic. I've telefragged myself in a fan-made level, Drakkor.wad. Yep, there were pods there when it happened.

I've heard that it's really easy to telefrag yourself in Heretic.

I think in SCI.WAD Scientist left barrels on teleports a few times. Evil.

Well, I don't have a funniest Doom moment, but I wanted to tell everyone about this time I was playing deathmatch in Quake 2. The other guy goes to rocket jump, and right at the moment he's in the air, I blast him sideways into a wall with the super shotgun. The mixture of blood and pellets hitting the wall while his body fell backwards as his death scream came through my speakers was beautiful. Also, there was this time in Unreal Tournament where I died as I got my final frag, so I was bent in a Matrix-like pose with my flak cannon pointing at the sky as the level finished. God, I wish I had a screenshot of that. It was the best finish ever, second only to the time I got gibbed and beat a level, so my blown remains were all that were left as the victory screen came up.