Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genocide

The Infamous "UAC Labs" WAD

That kid put a blotch on all the Doomers in the world. People think of me as the kid who's likely to explode and kill everyone, just because of it. I'd never do anything like that. Harris killed for other reasons, not because of Doom. If someones normal, Doom isn't going to make them kill anyone. If the person is already messed-up, sure Doom's not going to help. But really, is anything?
BTW, I don't mean to sound selfish. I also remeber that some kids have it worse off than I do, because of him. They were murdered. Eric Harris should only be remembered in the Doom community as a reminder, so nothing like Columbine ever happens again.
EDIT: I would also like to say that /newstuff 131 may include a WAD by me, named UAC Teleportation Labs. This has nothing to do with Harris' WAD and if I had known earlier, would have probably named it something else.

Well, readin' his text files was nuthin' short of freaky, very boarding on scary. UAC Labs was actually kinda good, if "old school" doesn't make you have an epilipse.

insertwackynamehere# said:

I would also like to say that /newstuff 131 may include a WAD by me, named UAC Teleportation Labs.

Some teleporters in that map don't work. (the portal one and the red skull one)

deathbringer said:

Do you think he'll mind if i steal his resources? heh

I can see it now ..... a long skeletal arm clawing its way out of the ground and reaching for deathbringer's throat ;)

"Don't use this wad as a base for others or I'll blow your frickin' head off and it will be cool"

Wow, I didn't even notice that. Damn. Sargebaldy, I don't recognize any of those screenshots on your page. I'm downloadin' it now to see if that's a different wad than the one I played.

Hmm. I don't have, "I'll blow your frickin' head off", I have, "I'll blow you up," which I think is substancially different. Anyway, I got the same wad, I just didn't wait around for the end fight on the second level.

i agree, harris made doom look like a training simulation for killing and nothing else. even in the homevideos he and his friend left behind had harris calling his shotgun his "DOOM Shotgun" even though it looked nothing like a weapon from doom. and after that, i'm sure the WAD file only made things worse (mostly the text file where it says " remember to kill'em all" or something like that) ID software didnt tell harris to load a shotgun grab some bombs and go on a rampage, so why the hell was everyone making look like that? people always need to blame someone but what people dont understand is that the only people to blame in this case are already dead. people are ignorant, or perhaps plain stupid.

Ultimate DooMer said:

Some teleporters in that map don't work. (the portal one and the red skull one)

They work for me. I'll have to check that.
EDIT: You have to completly go through the teleporter (with the scrolling hellish texture) in order for it to work, just pretend there's nothing thier and run, and for the red key one, you have to completly cross it; not the pool, but a small sector around the red key, which is undistinguishable, unless you veiw the map in an editor.

Genocide said:

i agree, harris made doom look like a training simulation for killing and nothing else. even in the homevideos he and his friend left behind had harris calling his shotgun his "DOOM Shotgun" even though it looked nothing like a weapon from doom. and after that, i'm sure the WAD file only made things worse (mostly the text file where it says " remember to kill'em all" or something like that) ID software didnt tell harris to load a shotgun grab some bombs and go on a rampage, so why the hell was everyone making look like that? people always need to blame someone but what people dont understand is that the only people to blame in this case are already dead. people are ignorant, or perhaps plain stupid.

I completly agree.

Genocide said:

harris calling his shotgun his "DOOM Shotgun" even though it looked nothing like a weapon from doom.

I thought Harris called his shotgun, Arlene... Whoever the fuck that is... According to some news reports and stuff, they say "Arlene" is from Doom. Maybe she's from the Doom novels? Or unless Harris decided to name his shotgun after Doomguy's bunny, Daisy. :/

*Looks at the maps* Hm, these maps have been used in UAC resurrection XD, except in the first one a bunch of quake guys come through the big teleporter with the rest of the monsters, and the cyberdemon is removed, and in the second level the name has been changed to "Hissy's arena", and it has various quake/wolfenstien/posessed doomguy enemies, most of the 'barrel traps' are removed and at the end you can kill hissy XD

Lizardcommando said:

I thought Harris called his shotgun, Arlene... Whoever the fuck that is... According to some news reports and stuff, they say "Arlene" is from Doom. Maybe she's from the Doom novels? Or unless Harris decided to name his shotgun after Doomguy's bunny, Daisy. :/

Yes, Arlene is from the Doom novels. I've never read them myself, but I've read countless threads about them (2 or 3 to be exact ;-))

Lizardcommando said:

Arlene was Fly Taggart's partner, the only survivor on Phobos, besides him and Bill The Programmer.

insertwackynamehere# said:
That kid put a blotch on all the Doomers in the world. People think of me as the kid who's likely to explode and kill everyone, just because of it. I'd never do anything like that
<snip>

The original poster only asked about the levels, why bring this old tired political debate in again? What does anyone - besides the government - know what happened in Columbine HS? Don't believe everything you see on the fscking TV.

I just played the maps, and they are a little insane - the battles at least (especially in map 02's big area...), and I quite enjoyed playing them because of the battles. It's not that often you see tech maps with a lot of compspan (and derivatives), especially in DooM 2. Shame about where it all led, though.

First of all, You are correct about his rifle named “Arlene” cause in the tapes it shows Harris kissing the weapon before stating its name: “Arlene.”
Dylan Klebold was the person who called harris’s shotgun his “DOOM” shotgun.
On April 20, 1999 Harris carried a 9mm Hi-Point semiautomatic carbine on a strap beneath his coat. Harris also used a sawed-off 12-gauge Savage-Springfield pump shotgun. Honestly I’m not sure which was called “Arlene” but I am pretty sure the “DOOM” shotgun was the sawed-off 12-gauge. Keep in mind I never saw the tapes, but I’ve read about what was on them with every word that was said on them.

deathbringer said:

*Looks at the maps* Hm, these maps have been used in UAC resurrection XD, except in the first one a bunch of quake guys come through the big teleporter with the rest of the monsters, and the cyberdemon is removed, and in the second level the name has been changed to "Hissy's arena", and it has various quake/wolfenstien/posessed doomguy enemies, most of the 'barrel traps' are removed and at the end you can kill hissy XD

/me whistles

Hissy is a bit strong though XD, amazing what a load of material can withstand (he even seems to survive the 'nuke' weapon, even though that can kill the player even if they have god mode on)

Genocide said:

First of all, You are correct about his rifle named “Arlene” cause in the tapes it shows Harris kissing the weapon before stating its name: “Arlene.”
Dylan Klebold was the person who called harris’s shotgun his “DOOM” shotgun.
On April 20, 1999 Harris carried a 9mm Hi-Point semiautomatic carbine on a strap beneath his coat. Harris also used a sawed-off 12-gauge Savage-Springfield pump shotgun. Honestly I’m not sure which was called “Arlene” but I am pretty sure the “DOOM” shotgun was the sawed-off 12-gauge. Keep in mind I never saw the tapes, but I’ve read about what was on them with every word that was said on them.

The tapes are in Bowling for Columbine.

insertwackynamehere said:

Yes, Arlene is from the Doom novels. I've never read them myself, but I've read countless threads about them (2 or 3 to be exact ;-))

eww eric harris read the doom novels? what a fag

gotta give him credit on UAC labs. it was a very (oddly) creative WAD and quite inpossible in the end.

all the tapes were on that movie "Bowling for Columbine"? are you sure you only saw the security camera's videos of the cafeteria? or the main home videos which the shooters made themselves?

I read the Doom novels, and last time I checked, I am not a fag.

They did pretty much suck, though.

Grimm said:

I read the Doom novels, and last time I checked, I am not a fag.

They did pretty much suck, though.

heh, no, i didn't mean anything by it. he was a fag for reasons all his own. and anyway, he not only read them, but he apparently liked them considerably.

Genocide said:

all the tapes were on that movie "Bowling for Columbine"? are you sure you only saw the security camera's videos of the cafeteria? or the main home videos which the shooters made themselves?

I'm talking about the lunchroom tapes, where they had there hats on backwards and were casually shooting people.