Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

What makes a bad TC?

How about Microsoft windows doom or Hello Kitty Doom ?

in ms doom you actually interface (would that be a good word ?) or i guess the main guy would be a mouse pointer and does the normal computer operation and stuff like programs would be doubleclicked as if like one would double click infront of a door to open it

then what ever the name of the program is you fight a enemy of it or the corporate logo like clipit (the paper clip helper thing) from microsoft office xp

or you go and open minesweeper in ms windows doom then it would be a room full of barrels

hello kitty doom would just be downright silly

Another bad TC idea - Laser Tag DooM:

Replace all weapons with identical-looking guns (with different functions) and all enemies with identical-looking players (with different weapons). Oh, and all the maps must be dark arenas with black walls and flashing lights (kinda like the map I made, really).

The Ultimate DooMer said:
Another bad TC idea - Laser Tag DooM...

Really? I think it could be done. in fact, I think it could be done well... but there's really no point.

i think the worst ideas for TCs are the ones that are dreamed up by people with absolutely zero experience related to working with doom.

of course, that's just my opinion.

How about cyanodoom? Everything (textures, sprites, etc.) replaced with ones that are entirely or mostly cyan coloured, and some 1337 plot involving cyanide-based weapons. It would be set in Russia, so the sound replacements could be ripped from kukly.wad.

I think Private Parts Doom has pretty much been done, though maybe not all in the same wad.

A TC where you blew the crap out of Mr Clippit would be great. Its attack sound would be "It looks like you're trying to fire a weapon. Would you like some help?" You then have a second in which to kill it before it totally screws up your aim.

Ct_red_pants said:

Really? I think it could be done. in fact, I think it could be done well... but there's really no point.

It could be done, but it would be a bad TC. (as all the maps, weapons and enemies would look the same)

everyday i think of TC's that wouldn't fly i just thought of one tc where all the gfx and sprites would be like the gfx and such of a 8-bit nintendo and the music would seem like regular nintendo music same with sounds

ASCII Doom , 1 color doom , Use Textures From Nintendo Games And Enemies and Make Levels out stupid crap like that, Example: Megaman Levels , Super Mario Bros , Bastard Master , Metriod , You know WTF i mean.

player said:

everyday i think of TC's that wouldn't fly i just thought of one tc where all the gfx and sprites would be like the gfx and such of a 8-bit nintendo and the music would seem like regular nintendo music same with sounds

Um i guess i posted just a little to late

...better known as Heretic.

How about a TC where all the maps are deliberately crap, where all the textures and flats are deliberately crap, and all the sprites, sounds and tunes are decidedly silly. The name's Mockery DooM.

Oh wait....

No, I mean maps which are all the same texture and shaped like convoluted square mazes where you'll get lost after two minutes of running around. Every time you run into a monster or group of monsters, you end up taking turned attacking, defending, etc. until either you or the monsters are dead. Then you spend another minute or so until you run into another group of monsters, then do the same thing.

This is fine in Wizardry, but it doesn't do very well in Doom.

BlackFish said:

JESUS DOOM!

I had to post this link:
http://www.jesuschristsuperstore.net/lfigurespages/lfjesus.html

Anyway, I think Jesus Doom could be the shit. I mean, you can walk on water, for one thing. Not only that, but you can turn the water to wine. Then you can either get drunk or light it on fire and burn enemies with it. Plus, if you die, you just come back to life in three days. You could have weapons like crosses and holy water and a crown of thorns...

On second thought, yeah, that is dumb.

Now Karate Jesus Doom, there's an idea.

Doomguy can already walk on water. And he would totally beat Jesus in a knife fight.

Sopwith Doom is surprisingly playable (at least on the maps where I've tried it), until you pick up an invulnerability, and then it is like skiing in a white-out.

drav35 said:

ASCII Doom

Done it. I had a website with some screenshots but doomers.org seems to have died..

fraggle said:

Done it. I had a website with some screenshots but doomers.org seems to have died..

can i download this thing somewhere? it sounds fucking great.

I spent ages on google looking for ASCII Doom yesterday, but all I found was ASCII Quake and Unreal Tournament for linux. Is there anywhere we can get ASCII Doom from Fraggle?

is ascii doom like something from zzt cause i ran accross something in the ranks of that ?