Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

Matrixy Poll (BEWARE OF SPOILERS)

Who is the coolest Matrix character?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the coolest Matrix character?

• Neo
    • Trinity
    • Morpheus
    • Agent Smith
    • Tank
    • The Twins
    • The Oracle
    • The Architect
    • Niobie
    • Dozer
    • The other Agents (Brown, Jones etc.)
    • The Merovingian
    • The Key Maker
    • Someone else (Specify)

Just wondered who you think is the coolest character over the two Matrix films we've seen so far (note: the coolest, not you're favourite, unless it's the same :)

Obviously Neo is arguably cool personified. But Morpheus is undeniably cool. And I personally think Agent Smith is coolest of all, heh;

Positively sub-zero!

So what do you think?

Without a doubt, Agent Smith!

His chilly way of talking made him already my favorite in the first movie, and now there's more then one of him!

The Merovingian said:

AHEM!

Shit. I ran out of options again.

Hang on let me hack this poll

I don't think I've ever seen Hugo Weaving remotely fit a role he was cast in.

Which I suppose could be expected here, the Matrix is one of the most horribly mis-cast movies to date.

Smith is pretty cool, but Neo is probably the coolest guy in the Matrix.

Lüt said:

Which I suppose could be expected here, the Matrix is one of the most horribly mis-cast movies to date.

Weaving IS Smith damnit. And Neo is probably the first character since Bill and Ted that Keanu Reevs has actually been cast correctly as.

Lüt said:

Heh
This is the first time I see an admin attempting to start a flamewar.
Either that, or my sarcasm detector is broken.

Keanu Reeves is miscast in any movie, and therefore the Matrix is miscast. QED and EOD.

The Twins? The Architect? Niobie? The Merovingian? The Key Maker? Wha?

Damn you guys and your spoilers!

Fredrik said:

Keanu Reeves is miscast in any movie

With the exception of "Speed" and "The Matrix".

Arno said:

With the exception of "Speed" and "The Matrix".

hey don't forget Bill and Ted.

2 drinks: When an administrator attempts to start a flamewar
2 more drinks: When it succeeds

Anyway, even after all this time, I still think of Keanu Reeves as being typecast as Ted. Up until about near the end of the Matrix (first one), I was halfway expecting a phonebooth to drop out of the sky.

I find the Architect's dialogue lines very appealing, but I'll pick the Twins simply by their awesome design.

pritch said:

Agent Smith

In his spare time, he's Elron from LotR :-P

Morpheus is the one I'd vote for for now. Trouble is, I didn't see Reloaded.

fraggle said:

Welcome to Rivendell... Mr Anderson

Heheheh. Silly Elves.

The Merovingian was well-played and Morpheus has his moments. But there's no question about it : Agent Smith is the coolest character in the movie.

I'm having a hard time between Merovingian and the Twins, they were great. I also like Smith alot. The deal with Keanu Reeves is he always acts like himself. In every movie he's just Keanu Reeves. Not really a bad thing but not a good thing either. However it worked for John Wayne.

Didn't that guy have the same line in LOTR and in the Matrix?: "Humans are a disease, a plague unto this planet."

The twins were my favorite, I hope they play a bigger role in part 3. I would really like to see Neo vs. The Twins.

Gokuma said:

Didn't that guy have the same line in LOTR and in the Matrix?: "Humans are a disease, a plague unto this planet."

in fotr gandalf said "we must place our faith in man" and elron said "men. men are weak. i lost faith in man ages ago"

or something aling those lines. but yes, he doesn't seem to like humans in any of his roles

I say Morpheus is the coolest, if only for his sunglasses.

Lüt said:

I disagree, I say the Matrix was one of the best cast movies of all time. All the characters were meant to be stone-faced epitomies of cool that just walk around and spout cool stuff while acting cool. So they just cast a bunch of cool looking people who can't act. Worked out rather nicely.

And I'd say Hugo Weaving did pretty well as Elrond, though it was a bit unsettling the first time I saw the movie since the only other thing I saw him in was the Matrix. I kept expecting him to stand up during the Council at one point and say to somone, "what is the use of arguing about the fate of the One Ring...when you cannot speak."

Fraggle said:The Twins? The Architect? Niobie? The Merovingian? The Key Maker? Wha?

Damn you guys and your spoilers![/B]

Agreed. I think I've accidently read/heard enough about this movie that I know the entire thing beginning to end. Bastards. Oh well, saves me $8.

At this point I have to just boast that Hugo Weaving went to my old school's nearest rival in Bristol, QEH school. I nearly went there myself, passed the entrance exam at 13 and everything.

In fact, if I'd have known Agent Smith went there I'm certain I would've switched after all heh.