Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sicor

3D Editor!!!

Is there any 3D editor like Duke Nukem 3D Build? Or is there any possibility to build a Doom level in it?

There's none that lets you edit in 3D, but there's at least one that supports a 3D preview mode.

Fredrik said:

There's none that lets you edit in 3D, but there's at least one that supports a 3D preview mode.

Doesn't DeePSea have a walkthrough feature, and map veiwer feature?

ice cream bar said:

Doesn't DeePSea have a walkthrough feature, and map veiwer feature?

That's what I was talking about.

I've explained this a couple of times before, but in short, due to the way doom levels are structured with static nodes and bsp data and all that editing on the fly (and by editing I mean adding level data, such as lines, sectors, vertexes etc, because stuff like changing tags and sector heights and textures and moving/adding things would be possible) would be impossible without some sort of wacky dynamic on the fly nodes builder which I imagine would take up a good bit of cpu. you can, however, build nodes and then walk through the map, but that's just called playing doom ;)

Fredrik said:

The most useless feature in DeePea, heh, and I like DeePsea.

I always thought it'd be nice to have a side view, or 3D view, so you could drag floor/ceiling heights the same way you can drag everything else. Might be nice for resizing things.