Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scabbed Angel

What monster do you not want to see. . .

What monster do you not want to see in a screenie or vid before the game is released? Some think that all of the "spoilers" so far have detracted from their potential final game experience. I don't want to see Caco, Cyber, or the Baron.

i don't want to see anymore screens or videos of any more monsters from doom 3, but i wouldn't mind having a look at some new concept art of the monsters.

lol, cyberdemons, cacodemon, baron of hell are main monsters of Doom series. I'm seriously douting you guys above are real Doom fan.

heh, i regret ever looking at a video or screenshot showing a doom3 monster. now i know what to expect, and i wont be as scared or shocked. *kicks self*

cloud4me said:
lol, cyberdemons, cacodemon, baron of hell are main monsters of Doom series. I'm seriously douting you guys above are real Doom fan.

And how do you gather that? Perhaps you misunderstand. It's not that we don't want to see them in the game, we just don't want to see them before we play the game. I mean, would any of those been as scary if you had seen them before you played through Doom the first time? We just want to be surprised.

Personally, I don't want to see any more pictures of new enemies, though I'm sure there will be at least one more released before the game ships. But like Ricki said, it would be cool to see more concept art of monsters we've already seen.

cloud4me said:

I'm seriously douting you guys above are real Doom fan.

You're close to convincing me that you're an idiot.
I thought it was made pretty clear that people don't want to see the screenies, because they want to be surprised by what they see in the final game.
I mean where's the fun if you've seen all the monsters when you fire up the game first? There'd be no surprises left anymore.

I don't want to see anymore Doom 3 monsters. Just work on the game and get it released sometime within this year iD. I don't want anymore surprises spoiled.

Damn, it'd be so much easier if I didn't have internet, but then I wouldn't know when the game hits the shelves.

I want to see EVERY type of monster, and obviously, new types as well. I do want to see some new types of zombies, aside from the average biting ones, chainsaw ones, commando gunners and tentacle gunners. I wanna see a big, mean-looking zombie rush at me with a shotgun and maybe tossing grenades, or a zombie with a pistol and when you're close, it'd slug you right in the mouth.

BBG said:

I want to see EVERY type of monster, and obviously, new types as well. I do want to see some new types of zombies, aside from the average biting ones, chainsaw ones, commando gunners and tentacle gunners. I wanna see a big, mean-looking zombie rush at me with a shotgun and maybe tossing grenades, or a zombie with a pistol and when you're close, it'd slug you right in the mouth.

Dude, did you read the first post carefully enough? Don't tell me that you want to spoil all the surprises in the game BEFORE it's out.

He's talking about what you want to see in SCREENIES - not what you wanna see in the final game.

lol, figures that people don't read the post they are replying too.

Alboroto said:

Cyberdemon, mancubus, caco, mastermind and the icon of sin

I don't really mind about the caco. When I play this game for the first time it might be surprising for a few minutes, but soon afterwards I'll meet dozens of other caco's and the novelty will wear off. I do agree that the bosses (cyberdemon, mastermind and icon of sin) must be kept secret.

I'm more concerned that reviews will reveal too much of the storyline or give away information about any NPC's you'll interact with.

no more fucking insectish monsters......I want and good old demons with horns and built like bulls.

cloud4me said:

I don't want to see ANY of them BEFORE the game's out...

Arno said:

I don't really mind about the caco. When I play this game for the first time it might be surprising for a few minutes, but soon afterwards I'll meet dozens of other caco's and the novelty will wear off. I do agree that the bosses (cyberdemon, mastermind and icon of sin) must be kept secret.

I'm more concerned that reviews will reveal too much of the storyline or give away information about any NPC's you'll interact with.

I don't even want to know what the Caco will look like (As long as its similar to the origianl) It wasn't my favorite in DooM (sorry Squish) Just think of finishing a battle, turning around and walking down a hallway. There's an approaching figure. Its er.. floating. Its flabby bulging form is silohetted against a light at the end of the foggy hall. As it comes closer, the light works against its bumpmapped tumor-like skin. Slowly its face is revealed. You've waited too long wanting to see it (i will anyway) as its revealed it blinks, its mouth open and you're toast in a giant flash of glorious marine-killing light. oh yeah.

wasted said:

Ugh, plz no goats...

Why not?
Goats are cool.

i totally agree that if you're going to be in hell, then no "insectish" creatures (even though there might be some in hell). Big barons and demons (hopefully they make them much more dangerous). Everything should fit the theme of the level. If you're in a strange rainforest on another planet, then yes! insectish creatures would be great!

dsm said:

Why not?
Goats are cool.

??? Why not cows then :) ???

Cowdeamon!!! Dogdeamon!!! Chikendeamon!!!

Cmon!!!

mawcor624 said:

i totally agree that if you're going to be in hell, then no "insectish" creatures...

insects are more capobile with machines... they are actually living processors...

what im guiding at is that bugs are cool! Human flesh on the mech insectish-like legs!!!

In Hell there is almost no machinery, so insects are good only for martian part, heh...

BlueSonnet said:

My mom....or gravenoids.

Oh, whatta hell?! Your mom looks similar to any of Doom monsters?

8(

wasted said:

??? Why not cows then :) ???

Cowdeamon!!! Dogdeamon!!! Chikendeamon!!!

Cmon!!!

Um dude, Goat-like demons are pretty much the classic depiction of a demon, so your comment is, pardon me, pretty retarded. I mean, just look at Doom for crap's sake. There are plenty of "goat demons", but no "cow demons". See what I mean?

Understand, I have nothing against insectoid demons, but there just shouldn't be too many of 'em, because insects are used as scary aliens in like so many other sci-fi horror movies/games.

People want variety ok? Now be happy that there are already a lot of insect-like critters in Doom 3 - we, however, hope that there will be at least a few monsters that are remotely like goats in appearance.

dsm said:

Um dude, Goat-like demons are pretty much the classic depiction of a demon, so your comment is, pardon me, pretty retarded. I mean, just look at Doom for crap's sake. There are plenty of "goat demons", but no "cow demons". See what I mean?

There is a bulldeamon named Cybie :).

wasted said:

There is a bulldeamon named Cybie :).

Bulldemon =! cowdemon.
I didn't see any demons with udders :-P

dsm said:

Bulldemon =! cowdemon.
I didn't see any demons with udders :-P

hmm, Cybie has some organs replaced and changed for cyberimplants... but i dont think that implants could stand 4 udders :)

So its no cowdeamons in Doom - thats a scientifically researched fact!!!