Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lüt

Some desktop junk from the Millennium people

I was thinking about putting this in an update on the Millennium page, but it's a little more than I'd care to give away for everybody to see, and probably not something most people would even care about, so I'm just sticking it here.

It's just some desktop shots of Zaldron and I "working" on stuff. Nothing too exciting unless desktops are your fetish.

My Desktop #1 (169K, PNG) - This is the typical mess I work with every day.

My Desktop #2 (228K, PNG) - Fixing up one of the later city levels.

My Desktop #3 (81K, PNG) - What I do when I get bored. Piecing together a drumtrack for Sich Verdunkelmachen, a song fuzzier then NIN's wildest dreams of fuzzy music.

My Desktop #4 (891K, PNG <-- don't ask, I don't have a damn clue. I did the same compression as all the others.) - Working with the resource WAD. Old textures are in it at the moment. Zaldron's done some new textures, as seen in the Before&After pic at the bottom right. I was working on putting that lightning into some kind of electricity texture using the Doom pallette, but it wasn't going over so well. Then I thought it would make a decent sky, except then I realized lightning doesn't usually stay in picturesque form for hours at a time.

BTW, I always keep that prom picture I made open when I'm working in Photoshop, it amuses me. I actually made it in MS-Paint about a year ago. My first editing job.

My Desktop #5 (331K, PNG) - Working on the website.

Zaldrons Desktop #1 (228K, JPG) - Some shots of an in-progress final boss. You can see a beta sprite here.

Zaldrons Desktop #2 (359K, JPG) - This is even more confusing than my average desktop. These are some of the new textures he's cooking up for the game. I only asked for a few specific building textures for Map24, but got all this junk as well :) Whoever said a little miscommunication was a bad thing?

Zaldrons Desktop #3 (312K, JPG) - Some data graphics.

So there. Enjoy.

OK, Lüt...so far we have like *counting* 0 rational responses. That's actually better than the last time, though...

Oh don't worry, I'm sure they'll get more off-topic as the days go on. I shoulda blacked out some of the unnecessary windows or something.

- Fixing up one of the later city levels.

that wouldn't happen to be the infomus skytop city level (or whatever its called) that i've been waiting to play for um, 2 years now?.....

Thanks. Expect a complete retexturing of the whole game. And I mean the WHOLE thing.

As for the sprites, there are some enemies yet to be done. If we will show those...I don't really know. Ask Lüt.

Probably not. I suddenly felt nice. It's probably the last time I'll feel nice until I open the page with the game ready for download.

Ling's desktop

Man, you have the most diverse playlist I've ever seen.

BTW if you really like Jerry Goldsmith's soundtracks, check out his First Contact one, it's my favorite soundtrack next to Independence Day, Event Horizon and Dark City.

Man, you have the most diverse playlist I've ever seen.

ROFL, did you forget the Getting To Know All thread?

"I listen to all sorts of music. If you took a look at my playlist you would wonder what my deal was -- it's got rap, rock, pop, classical, techno, um, everything but country probably. The six buttons on my car radio (I have a 1991 Lexus ES250 that I bought a year ago) are currently set to rock, Top40, pop, classical, rap, and oldies. "

Let's see here... I have 8 MP3 folders: Classical, 48 files; Comedy, 14 files; Metal, 58 files; Movies/TV, 167 files; Pop, 42 files; Hip-Hop, 160 files; Rock, 312 files; Techno, 135 files.

BTW if you really like Jerry Goldsmith's soundtracks, check out his First Contact one, it's my favorite soundtrack next to Independence Day, Event Horizon and Dark City.

I don't like Jerry Goldsmith, I think he's usually pretty lame. I just have his Total Recall soundtrack because I like a few of the songs on there. I much prefer Basil Paleidouris, John Williams, or Danny Elfman.

ROFL, did you forget the Getting To Know All thread?

"I listen to all sorts of music. If you took a look at my playlist you would wonder what my deal was -- it's got rap, rock, pop, classical, techno, um, everything but country probably. The six buttons on my car radio (I have a 1991 Lexus ES250 that I bought a year ago) are currently set to rock, Top40, pop, classical, rap, and oldies."

Yeah I saw that, but I've seen plenty of people claim that kinda diversity and then like 1000 metal files and then some 10 techno files, 9 classical peices, 4 pop songs, etc. That's what I usually pass "I'm diverse!!!!" people off as. You're the first one who's lived up to your claim, out of at least 20 other playlists I've seen.

I don't like Jerry Goldsmith, I think he's usually pretty lame.

I don't care much for his stuff either, I guess that's why First Contact impressed me. I never get sick of listening to The Dish. Probably cause that was my favorite scene of the actual movie.

I love desktop shots. I've got collections from arioch, aurikan, fraggle, tom/relapse etc. spanning over years!

I like diversity too. Take for instance my shot of Winamp. That's the directory of newly downloaded mp3s from AudioGalaxy. It doesn't really follow any pattern.

Just bumping the thread. Call it SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION, I'll call it...well, the same. Aah, fuck.

Ling's Desktop

That reminds me. Call me a lamer or whatever the fuck you want, (actually - don't) but can someone tell me how to use mIRC? I have it downloaded andd installed, but I have absolutely no idea about how to use it. :(

FUCKING HELL. I just saw the city level picture that Lüt posted. I missed it before. That is awesome! So much detail!

Wow, that map looks pretty big. A lot bigger than deadnail could ever dream of being. That's right deadnail, you think your hot shit? all tha bitches in tha ally think your tough shit, but that's only because your related to half of them.

Yeah that's right have another beer. Keep on trying to forget your Canadian, I don't blame you.

FUCKING HELL. I just saw the city level picture that Lüt posted. I missed it before. That is awesome! So much detail!

There's a few other ones that out-do that, although the design of the others is rather square as opposed to that map's crazy layout. I'll probably make a few more posts here with some updates before the release, and one of them will definately have some screenshots with Zaldron's new texture set in-place.

i can't spell

You can't write sentences either.

My Desktop #4 (891K, PNG <-- don't ask, I don't have a damn clue. I did the same compression as all the others.)

Too much graphical variation to compress easily.

it's nice you still like my masterbating quote arioch. ;)

oh, and for my desktop? well, i have an old one here, which features a wallpaper that i did last year. (some of the stuff here I don't use, my brother does)

My Desktop #4 (891K, PNG <-- don't ask, I don't have a damn clue. I did the same compression as all the others.)

Too much graphical variation to compress easily.

Oh... I figured it might have something to do with the big pictures, but then at least half of the space is a solid color and #3 ended up being 81K so I figured it would even out somewhere.

Try to reduce the color depth! 15bpp is sufficient, After all it's just a desk top image not a high class wall paper. :D