Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Silverwyvern

ART CONTEST # 2

THIS WEEKS CONTEST: Draw the space marine you play as in Doom. This can be either the actual Doomguy, or you as a space marine.

Good Luck!

Entries must be in before Friday nest week.

:\ Ok.. never was any good at this sorta thing.

OMG! I was trying to come up with an idea for a drawing, and I tried to guess what the theme of the next contest would be, so I drew a female Doom marine. Heh.

BTW, congrats on winning the last one, Silv. It was well deserved. :)

I've already started my new Doomguy drawing, though I don't think I have much of a chance in this contest since I can only do pencil art.

It's well known that fully coloured drawings are much superior to plain greyscale drawings like the ones I do, no matter how superior in detail the pencil drawing might be, because colours always add a whole new dimension.

But at least I get to see how well I can do while under time pressure, plus, I've got an opportunity to practice capturing the looks of the new Doomguy (which I can already say is DAMN hard) - I'm a man with ambitions in this area; been trying to capture the looks of the Doomguy since 1994 and I've still got a long way to go.

I expect either Silverwyvern or Agnes to win this one unless a third person pops out of the blue and present us with something almost "Adrien-Carmack-level-quality" :-P

Agnes, show us your female marine :-)

Agnes said:

All righty...
One female doom marine (and a retarded invincibility sphere).

Click

I can't possibly beat that. Do you use OpenCanvas to color it ?
I'm still gonna try to give it a shot but I hate coloring with a mouse, so winning is totally out of reach.

Darkstalker said:

I can't possibly beat that. Do you use OpenCanvas to color it ?
I'm still gonna try to give it a shot but I hate coloring with a mouse, so winning is totally out of reach.

Hmmm... All my old doom fanart I used to post was donw with a mouse..
You don't have to color it :)
Sometimes a truly powerful line drawing is better then all the color in the world.

Agnes said:

All righty...

Click

Lovely as usual, Agnes :) She's so butch... I think I'm in love ;)

Silverwyvern said:

Lovely as usual, Agnes :) She's so butch... I think I'm in love ;)

I'm *nearly* in love with her too - you definitely accomplished what I couldn't when I tried to do a female marine. The only beef I have with her is that she kinda makes me think of Arlene Sanders from a bunch of toilet paper-made novels. Probably because she has red hair and something like a high-and-tight haircut.

If you had given her a close-shave, THEN I think I'd be in love with her :-)

Agnes said:

All righty...

Click

Yeah, she is a bitch-like to me. The only thing i dislike is that green sphere...

But her look is coooooooool!!!

Silverwyvern said:

Please read the faq about using old art :(

[churchillcarinsurance] oh no no no no no [/churchillcarinsurance]

Hell no. I meant can we use designs like that for a new art piece for the compo.

BlueSonnet said:

[churchillcarinsurance] oh no no no no no [/churchillcarinsurance]

Hell no. I meant can we use designs like that for a new art piece for the compo.

Do whatever you want within the rules and contest theme. :)

The space marines in Doom are whimpy. Take a look at deez:

http://www.freewebs.com/danarchy/Stuff/WHCr3w.jpg

The badly-painted bloke in the front with the chainsword is a standard Imperial Marine. The more havily-amrmored guy to the right is a marine wearing Terminator armour (as opposed to regular power armour), and the hulking machine behind them is an Imperial Dreadnaught, the coolest damn piece of machinery in the entire Empire besides maybe a techmarine's servo arm. Not that it really had anything to do with this thread, but I had to show off some kind of 'art' I did myself eventualy.

And in case you care, heres how its supposed to be done:
Space Marines
Terminators
Dreadnaught
And the rest...

Umm . . . I did not get a link to an image with your first link; I was bumped back to this thread. 0_0

*is very scraed for the overall performance of her computer; frets*

Guardian said:
Umm . . . I did not get a link to an image with your first link; I was bumped back to this thread. 0_0

*is very scraed for the overall performance of her computer; frets*

The same thing happened to me... then I tried copying and pasting it and it worked. Freewebs.com doesn't seem to like image linking.

So THAT is what is going on. Okay. Copy and paste that then, or clikc and drag if you have IE.

the_Danarchist said:

The space marines in Doom are whimpy...[/url]

This is cool but hardly on topic for this thread.

Please make a new thread if you guys wanna compare paintjobs or whatever.

Silverwyvern said:

This is cool but hardly on topic for this thread.

Please make a new thread if you guys wanna compare paintjobs or whatever.

Yeah I know, but something in this thread inspired me to do that. I forgot what. If I knew what it was, I would have said...

Geh...I'm sorry.

just found this forum...

phew, just started to make a picture for this contest and decided to try and color it with computer. why didn't anyone tell me that it is not very easy and very time consuming? :)

oh well, I hope I get it ready by friday...

Epsi --- is there a reason why your DOOMguy's holding his shotgun backwards? 0_0 Other than that small question, me likes!

Guardian said:

Epsi --- is there a reason why your DOOMguy's holding his shotgun backwards? 0_0 Other than that small question, me likes!

obviously, there's an imp behind him! ;)

Guardian said:

Obviously, he's resting it on his shoulder. :P