Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Russell_P

Modifying pickup items in ZDoom

In Zdoom is there anyway to reduce the ammount of armour points obtained by picking up the green armour? I would like to reduce the armour value from 100 to 50. It doesn't matter if this has a knock-on effect on the blue armour, but preferably it would leave the mega sphere armour unaltered.

Similarly I would like to reduce the ammount of health obtained from the soul sphere (but without effecting the beserk and mega sphere health).

Thanks in advance.

thanks Fred.

I've figured a work around for the armour, guess I'll have to fudge something for the soul sphere.

For the armor thing, maybe you could make all your armors special, in a way that whenever you pick them up, they deal 50 damage. Well, actually, I guess that would only work for health. And if the player had armor that'd probably mess it up. So, nevermind.

You could add a new pick-up item via the DETAIL lump, and then specify how much armour it gives you via ACS... though you'd obviously have to do the latter part for every instance of the item in every level. You can do this for health and ammo too.

I'm using this in my PC Paradox, which will feature lots and lots of different armour/health/ammo power-ups ;)

NiGHTMARE said:

You could add a new pick-up item via the DETAIL lump.

You mean DECORATE, don't you?

Create a new pickup (like the red armour I use in SSD) using decorate:

pickup RedArmour
{
DoomEdNum 20009
SpawnNum 159
Sprite ARM3
Frames "6:A*B*"
PickupMessage "Picked up the light armour."
PickupSound "misc/i_pkup"
Respawns
Radius 17
Height 31
}
and make it run this script when you pick it up:
script 254 (void)

{
int armor =  CheckInventory("Armor");

if(armor < 50)
{
   GiveInventory ("ArmorBonus", 50 - armor);
}

}
The only problem with this is that you can still pick it up when your armour is 50% or more. (but you can spawn it by using 159 as the 'type' arg when using Thing_Spawn etc.)

The soulsphere health can be changed with dehacked (in the misc section).

Uh, I think you could make green armor class 0.5 in dehacked but don't quote me on that.

UD's way works great. But as he said, you can still pick them up even if you shouldn't be able to. I've been trying to work around that for a mod I'm working on where we're changing all the health items and removing things like the stimpack and such. Picking up health you can't use isn't that great.