Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

I need good texture packs!!!

Hello dudes,
as maybe some of you know, my best map ideas are created out of texture packs. If you take a look at the TNT series, you can see that I always recreate scenes or new places out of the quake texture sets (also the OgroX set). But unfortunately at these days, no new good texture wads pop out of the internet or I just don't know where to look for them. I know about Afterglows tex resources but that's already all.

Anyone who can help me!?

While not all of them are equally interesting I like Biotex.wad

You could also try to check out Gloom.wad

It all depends on what kind of map you want to make. I can't very well suggest Heretic 2 type textures if you're going to make an ultra high tech base. But if you are, you could use some of the Strain or base4 (Quake Team Fortress map) textures.

Check out System Vices. A ton of new textures and stuff, and the text file includes the words "Wad builders are welcome to use the new stuff provided you mention it's source."

I've got a new texture pack coming out in July, featuring lots of recoloured Doom / Doom 2 textures (sounds pretty simple I know, but some of them look pretty sweet if I do say so myself ;) ).

I have a couple of other texture packs in the pipeline too.

NiGHTMARE said:

I've got a new texture pack coming out in July, featuring lots of recoloured Doom / Doom 2 textures

I've done a few of these myself for my megawad a few years ago. They do look nice! a whole pack of them would be sweeet..

NiGHTMARE said:

I've got a new texture pack coming out in July, featuring lots of recoloured Doom / Doom 2 textures (sounds pretty simple I know, but some of them look pretty sweet if I do say so myself ;) ).

I have a couple of other texture packs in the pipeline too.

Heh, you might remember me as "Faint," but remember a few years back I had some textures for NB_SILV that I was going to contribute for a re-release of the pack? Maybe by July I'll have those done and you can re-release then. :D

Tell me if you find those old textures I had sent you before on your HD somewhere... (AC_SILV.zip perhaps, I'm not sure).

The point is: I don't need a specific theme. If someone provides me a good texture set then this set serves me as a base for new ideas (in case it is good).

Ultraviolet said:

Maybe by July I'll have those done and you can re-release then. :D

Cool :)

Tell me if you find those old textures I had sent you before on your HD somewhere... (AC_SILV.zip perhaps, I'm not sure).

Yeah, I still have it, though it's called AC_MTL1.

Have you seen my ZDoom resource file SPZDOOM2 in COMBOS directory?

I think it is worth the look into it.

NiGHTMARE said:

Yeah, I still have it, though it's called AC_MTL1.

OK. I'm still gonna have most of those textures in the set I (eventually) send you, and then some others, too.