Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Alientank

Am I a fanboy for defending Doom 3 on another board?

Yeah like, you fail it.

You're basically telling them that neither of them is better than the other but at the same time you're saying Doom 3 is better.

Wait until you bloody play the damn games. I hope this doens't turn into another HL2 v Doom3 thread.

i myself have faith in 3drealms. duke nukem forever is coming out this year and it will be the best next gen game of them all.

seriously what the hell is the reasoning behind posts like these? "well sheeit the doods at forum x are making me feel stupid, i'll get all my e-friends at forum y to tell me how cool i actually am"?

...heads off to visit forum z for a little while...

Hmm...

First he (Alientank) said:

*sigh* Half life 2 is not a better game then Doom 3 is. I hate the fanboys. These games are not really that comparable.

Then he said:

They are both good games. However someone has to go and be an idiot and claim one is better then the other when they aren't even released yet.

gatewatcher said:

Hmm...

Yes but where in there did I say one was better then the other? I merely said that no one has played them yet

Alientank said:

Yes but where in there did I say one was better then the other?

*sigh* Half life 2 is not a better game then Doom 3 is.

lol. Half-Life 2... After seing the 25min video 5 times it doesn't look so impressive anymore. The physics look nice at first glance, but there are a lot of bugs in there. Look at the watermelon scene for instance. The ragdoll physics are awful. Have a look when the guy gets blown up and lands on a car and when the guy falls down after being shot. He doesn't fall to the ground correctly, he bounces up and down after hitting the surface.

The graphics look extremely nice outside, but very poor (even compared to present games)inside. The game... wait a minute. What game? Afaik it doesn't look very fun or exciting. The monsters are unimaginative. The weapons are mostly overused and boring, while the rest are lame attempts (gravity gun?!). The atmosphere is, at most, lacking and the overall theme looks very weak.

These are just pregame thoughts based on the released info, screenshots and videos. I'm going to buy the game and play it before making my final statement. So far it doesn't look like Half-Life 2 has anything over Doom³. If anything, it has cheap gimmicks.

sargebaldy said:

like you yourself would have said about the doom III e3 premiere:

"it isn't done yet"

No, but I have to base my opinion on something.

Shaviro said:

No, but I have to base my opinion on something.

heh, well when i based my opinion off doom3 from the awful Doom III alpha that was your defense. but i guess it only applies one way.

Posting that comic is just asking for a heated D3 vs HL2 discussion. That moderator "Wurm" must be pretty ignorant if he expected anything else.

sargebaldy said:

heh, well when i based my opinion off doom3 from the awful Doom III alpha that was your defense. but i guess it only applies one way.

There is a difference. The Doom³ alpha is 2 years old while the HL2 video is a couple of months old and it's due out september. I'm basing my opinion on the new videos and not the alpha.

Half-Life 2 is going to own Doom 3 in all departments except maybe bumpmaps per polygon, hehehe, so there's not much to argue about, really. You are clearly a fanboy if you honestly claim otherwise.

Fredrik said:

Half-Life 2 is going to own Doom 3 in all departments except maybe bumpmaps per polygon, hehehe, so there's not much to argue about, really. You are clearly a fanboy if you honestly claim otherwise.

You are a fanboy if you have a different opinion to yours?

Shaviro said:

You are a fanboy if you have a different opinion to yours?

No, that'd make me a paradox :P

Bloodshedder said:

Saying one thing is not better than the other doesn't necessarily mean the other is better than the first.

Thank you. I never said one was better then the other. Wurm was an idiot too. He's only asking for a heated debate posting something like that. Also I agree with Shaviro. There are a few buggy things and the world does not look as real as Doom 3's does.

Fredrik said:

No, that'd make me a paradox :P

You know what I mean. Answer the question.

Shaviro said:

You know what I mean. Answer the question.

Second try: schizophrenic?

The "humans" in Doom 3 look like cave men, not "modern" humans. The humans in HL 2 do however. Still, I'll probably play both and like both.

Fredrik said:

I thought this was meant to be sarcastic, considering this statement portrays Fredrik as the ultimate HL2 fanboy.