Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wasted

Alternative endings in Doom 3?

There are alternatives endings. You die or....not

I think he means more than one ending depending on what you did or didn't do, like in Chrono Trigger or Ogre Battle.

I think it would be cool to have alternate endings. It could give some extra playability to the game and it's fun to see that you forgot an objective or seeing someone die because you were not fast enough to save him/her. IMO finishing a game by doing everything give somewhat more satisfaction than making it fast and not doing some secondary objectives.

Ichor said:

I think he means more than one ending depending on what you did or didn't do, like in Chrono Trigger or Ogre Battle.

yes, me thinks so... or Silent Hill or Fallout Tactiks or whatever that has alt ending...

Shaviro said:

Didn't id say you could choose how to end the game?

When did they say something like that?

dsm said:

When did they say something like that?

I don't know!? Sometime last year.

Shaviro said:

I don't know!? Sometime last year.

I think you're referring to an E3 interview in which they said that you will be able to choose your style of play. Ex: the first time you saw the Hell Knight in the E3 2002 demo, you could choose to either hide from it or take it on. Your choice will affect later events.

Because I don't remember iD ever having mentioned anything about the ending(s).

dsm said:

I think you're referring to an E3 interview in which they said that you will be able to choose your style of play. Ex: the first time you saw the Hell Knight in the E3 2002 demo, you could choose to either hide from it or take it on. Your choice will affect later events.

Because I don't remember iD ever having mentioned anything about the ending(s).

I think it was something like you could, somewhere near the end, choose to shoot your way out or use your head. Not really alternative endings, but you know.

I think it'd be cool, like, say, a mission where you have a choice of locking down a certain part of the base, which keeps out some monsters, but if you decide to shut down the power generator instead, it gives the demons less control, and depending on which of those choices, among many others, you make, affects the final ending. That'd be cool.

BBG said:

I think it'd be cool, like, say, a mission where you have a choice of locking down a certain part of the base, which keeps out some monsters, but if you decide to shut down the power generator instead, it gives the demons less control, and depending on which of those choices, among many others, you make, affects the final ending. That'd be cool.

Yeah. It'd be odd if such a thing doesn't occour at some point in the game.

I'm all for both^. Whether it's in the middle or at the end of the game, having your personal decisions effect how the game progresses or ends makes the game alot more realistic, and adds replayability. It also might have the effect of making the game more submersive. Instead of blowing through the game like it's just a game, you might take care to preserve yourself in your current storyline so you could see how it ends, instead of just dying, trying again, dying, until you reach the same ending that would've happened if you played straight through.

Yes, there will be alternate endings (to a certain degree).

Tim Willits said you would have the choice to shoot your way out of the game to get out of dodge asap. OR you could stick around, go about things differently and see what the fu*k happened and figure out for yourself why this terrible thing happened in the first place. Sounds alternate enough for me.

Dubh said:

Yes, there will be alternate endings (to a certain degree).

Tim Willits said you would have the choice to shoot your way out of the game to get out of dodge asap. OR you could stick around, go about things differently and see what the fu*k happened and figure out for yourself why this terrible thing happened in the first place. Sounds alternate enough for me.

Sounds like BioForge... Sounds cool!

Alternative endings? How about the scooby doo ending?

Doomguy: Well, we've saved earth, stopped the demons and killed the big bad-ass. Everything's fine! But there's still one question remaining...let's see who you really are mr hellknight *unmasks hellknight* OMG it's that freaky old scientist, Bill! The guy who was working on the slipgate project!
Bill: Would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky kids.
Imp: Good work shaggy!
*then everyone has impsex*

btw: i wanna be surprised with the ending so other than that no comment.

The_Aeromaster said:

Who wouldn't like a Scooby Doo ending?

Find me some motherfucker who doesn't like Scooby Doo, and get me his address.

Who is SD? Is it some another Rambo-like hero?

The_Aeromaster said:

Who wouldn't like a Scooby Doo ending?

Find me some motherfucker who doesn't like Scooby Doo, and get me his address.

want my address?

wasted said:

Who is SD? Is it some another Rambo-like hero?

Ohh shit, Scooby Doo is a dog!!!

I hope there are altenate endings, it would make the game so much more fun. IT would make you want to keep playing it to see what would happen if you did something different. Also, What kind of dumbass doesn't know who scooby-doo is?

argghh. . . scoobie don't. bah, screw scoobie doo. . .

*feeds to trusty Pinkie Demon*
"Row no!"
"ahh ah ahhh ahh" *gargle* *choke* *Chomp* *crunch*
*ahem*
but on topic, i'd prefer they did (have alternate endings), but from the lines of doom and quake, i won't be that heart sick if they don't. i'd rather there were easter eggs from the original games if there was a choice between the two. . .

What about having deal with a Satan himself? He's going to say smthng like: Ok, you killed all my deamons - want to join the club then? We will share the mother Earth and rule it together or smthng like that.

???

wasted said:

What about having deal with a Satan himself? He's going to say smthng like: Ok, you killed all my deamons - want to join the club then? We will share the mother Earth and rule it together or smthng like that.

???

That would make me think of South Park.