Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The first screenies from my new map, "Leap of Faith" - the 4th episode in the Descent Into Hell project are posted here. I disposed of using the last dm map I created as the base for this one and started from scratch. I also decided that the gl ports are seriously hampering my creativity and decided that I don't care if the map can be played in Jdoom or not. I want to do stuff that those ports won't let me. Well, Back to work.........

Cyb: Heh, aren't you forgetting you actually made five of those (with 3-5 being in one wad, desc345.wad)? ;)

BTW, co-incidentally both Descent series use textures made by me :)

Anyway, nice shots indeed.

Ya - i like those textures Nightmare. Sweet indeed.
I did use them for my Bloodworks wad as well. In both tho I did add some of my own and even changed 1 or 2 of yours.

Cyb said:

needs more impsex

you know I already made two maps named descent, but they were doom2 dm maps

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=9721
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=9913

not bad screens either, you sure like those 3d bridges eh?

Well, it gives me options I couldn't have otherwise - like creatures being in the same room but attacking your from multiple heights. Plus, they look really cool. :-)
I also like creating the deep water effect in a map that isn't just a Zdoom map - actually works in all but the gl ports. I also like the see through doors like were in my Bloodworks mod and of course, the map I stole that idea from in Momento Mori. There are TONS of 3d effects you can create if you just ignore the gl ports which won't render the damn things properly.

Good job, looks good so far...you should consider making a vast chasm with alot of those bridges going different directions at different heights, it would look cool..

NiGHTMARE said:

Cyb: Heh, aren't you forgetting you actually made five of those (with 3-5 being in one wad, desc345.wad)? ;)

BTW, co-incidentally both Descent series use textures made by me :)

Anyway, nice shots indeed.

what you say?!

*goes to look*

edit: christ I remember these now, but until you had mentioned it I totally forgot about them heh

damnit that's the first time I ever forgot about maps I've made, yeesh...