Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

its great

i never thought i would see a really good freeware stand alone game. but the release of wolfenstien enemy territory was a sweet move. it is really fast in terms of game play, looks good and doesnt get boring(as plain dethmatch can or ctf) anyways have many of you given it a try? sadly unless u have at least IDSN i dout u could play or even download it. its a large file, over 230MB.
this has also gotten me thinking about doom3 and its online play. will the massive power of the engine effect its players? also it will mostlikly be a buggy as Id is primarily working on the single player part, they should.

RTET is pretty dumb for small groups of players though, with insane walking distances from spawn spots (allies on fuel dump being the prime example), spawn delays, etc.

And that's another thing. There are so many things you can easily whore.

Rifle grenades, soldier belt-feed machine guns, mines.

i dont find the walk distances to bad. though with a small number of people i can see a problem( u should have at least 3 people on y your team)
for freeware i say it is solid gold!
things i wished however is that it came with more than 6 maps, but i am sure more will be released. by the way what editor support this game, if any?

In my opinion, the ability to dominate others with a particular weapon should exist, but be rare to an appropriate degree. The ability to completely "whore" another with a deadly technique indicates poor game design, and erodes the potential for complexity.

Game-making is a delicate science, and if it's not designed with a scientifically fun formula at hand, it will not be up to satisfying levels of addictiveness.

To those who did not understand what I just said, I apologize.