Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

Suspension bridge

Does anyone know if there is any example of suspension bridges out there? If so, can someone give me tips on how to align textures for them? Been having trouble texturing that myself...

If you're talking about the floating steptop bridge stuff, Dystopia3 has a shitload of these, some even overlapping.

give the texture a negative y-offset of the height difference between ceiling and the suspended "floor".

I hope you know how to make it work otherwise as it's a bitch to explain and you'll probably not get it anyway. Unless you're using zdoom.

Erm, could you be a little more descriptive? Do you have a screenshot of the problem?

To make a 3d bridge in vanilla DooM. You'll need to use self referencing sectors. ZDooM however, has a built in Thing for this purpose. You can find out more on the Doomworld editing pages.

http://www.doomworld.com/tutorials/regintro.shtml

I apologize if I'm giving you information that you already know.

just look at a wad that uses them in an editor, dyst3, requiem (most notably map13), hr map32, scythe maps 18 and 22 and a shitload of other wads uses them. It's hard to explain how to do it, much better to look at an example yourself.

Just a bridge with many different height of columns on it, no floating steptops or anything.

:D

(the bridge textures are from Espi's Ruma btw, sweet map)

Wow, nice Cyb :) (I know you didn't make the textures, but still ;) )

That bridge would be great in, say, an Indiana Jones PC :)

blod said:

Nice use of slopes too! :)

actually there aren't any slopes visible in that shot

actually anyone knows where to get some decent looking diagonal bar textures? that might be a lot easier to use a texture than making extra linedefs and stuff