Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

Unreal Tournament Texture Conversion

Hello guys, I just have a small request and maybe someone is willed to help me: Can anyone convert (means also resize and declare if flat or wall) Unreal or Unreal Tournament textures to Doom textures (into a doom wad)??

I think I could do a lot with this stuff as far as someone can convert them for me :)

I tried converting a sky (from the 2nd map of Unreal) a couple of years ago and it turned out ugly - so I wouldn't recommend it. (whereas the Quake 2 ones turned out alright)

Nigel 'Enjay' Rowand has converted at least some of Unreal's graphics (not UT, though) into the DooM palette (e.g., the pistol). I don't know if he's done any conversions of the textures and flats.

Also, XWE supports Unreal so it may also support UT. Give it a try. If you can open the images you may be able to save them in the DooM palette, although as others have pointed out the picture may come out looking shitty.

Btw, read this thread by Ct_red_pants. He was asking for sprites of a hell knight with a shield.

Two more years and I'll convert all UT2003 & Unreal2 textures to Doom. Have a patience :)

ReX said:

Nigel 'Enjay' Rowand has converted at least some of Unreal's graphics (not UT, though) into the DooM palette (e.g., the pistol). I don't know if he's done any conversions of the textures and flats.

I have a few of the ones (UT and Unreal) I thought would be useful sitting in a wad with a whole load of other stuff. Unfortunately I did them before Zdoom had Hi-res textures. A lot of the nice ones are 256x256 which I resized to 128x128 using PSP. It would have been nice to use their full size, but that wasn't really an option at the time, so I'm afraid a bit of detail was lost.

I don't have that many from UT/Unreal, and most were the modern/city type ones. What's more, there are a load of textures in the WAD in question and I'm not sure which came from UT/Unreal and which came from elsewhere. I could try and look out the ones I think are from UT/Unreal for you, but like I said there aren't too many of them.

Getting the textures is pretty easy. UT comes with its own editor (UnrealEd). This allows you to open the Unreal UTX files, browse through the contents and extract the graphics you like. I just picked and exported a few that suited me, loaded them up in PSP and brought in the Doom palette. I ditched the ones that looked bad in the doom palette and used DeePsea to put the rest into my WAD.

Oh, and the pistol was done by screen grabbing.