Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gocad_250

W_GetNumForName: S_START not found! error

Hello, im new to playing Doom II (with windows 95)with different wads<<(in multiplayer) than the original ones from all the Doom games...and im having problems with starting a coop game with the wads im trying to use in the TCP and IPX network modes...so the story is, I start up one of the doom games, start a coop game WITH a wad thats good for coop with a buddy, get the other computer that my buddy is going to use to join my game...after he joins, i push the "start game" button and it loads for 1/2 of a second and my buddy sees a pop-up error thats very annoying that says "W_GetNumForName: S_START not found!" and he pushes ok and his game exits and mine is just sitting there still waiting for his...anyways i try it the opposite way as in hes the host and i join instead of im host hes joiner. So does anyone know how i can get past this error and play coop game with my buddy?

Note: We BOTH have the same wad put in ready for start of course...

Is the wad a co op enabled wad? Some deathmatch only wads do not have co op start positions.

im sure its not corrupted and it says its coop enabled, also all the wads i try to use that i want to play in coop have the same problem...and i have over 100 downloaded wads for coop alone...i guess i could play around with it more to see if i could get it working...

Okay, I went back to check on what S_Start is...It stands for "Start of sprites", therefore the wad is missing it or that particular entry is corrupted in some way. So you have to either fix it yourself with an editor or replace it with a fresh.

hey i just fixed it! :) i just didnt put the wads in the same file as my Doom95 was running from, well im off to play co-op. see you laterz
and special thanks to you 999cop for looking that up