Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Night-Fang

ZDoomGL + ZDaemon

For those who are into ZDoomGL (like I am) and for those who are into ZDaemon, I've made a little hybrid of the two.

Behold, ZDaemonGL

http://216.40.245.133/files/ZDaemonGL-104_bin.zip

That's a quick test to see how well the two work with each other. So far, the results are good. But, see that for yourself.

ZDaemonGL will be updated whenever a new version of ZDoomGL is released. Go Timmie!

Yes, I just ripped all of the network code from the 1.23 port and merged it with ZDoom 2.0 and Timmie's code. Went alot easier than expected.

omg, sweet. I'll check it out when I get home :)

Heh, I made a bunch of little optimizations last night that should help the old framerate, too, especially in scenes with lots of subsectors visible :)

Oh, just out of curiosity, how long does it take you to update to a new version of ZDoomGL? Just wondering how much work I'm making for you :)

Oh not long at all. It took me about a day to convert the entire project over. Any changes you make to ZDoomGL could be added to ZDaemon in a matter of hours, or even minutes. I knew that commenting every single change I made to ZDoom with "// [NightFang]" would come in handy one day. =)

Cool. Well, if you want, we could probably put it up on sourceforge for download hosting when you do an official release (or is this the official release?) :)

Ack, the zip file I posted had a crc error. That domain seems to love to corrupt zip files. Anyhow, I've reuploaded to the old site (should work now)

http://216.40.245.133/files/ZDaemonGL-104_bin.zip

Also, a mirror on another site which can be reached below.

http://www.havredegracehighschool.com/files/ZDaemonGL-104_bin.zip

Although I'm waiting for the guys in #zdaemon (on freenode) to go over it and make sure no bugs formed from the transision. If all goes okay (as I expect it to) then I'll upload the full source and I would be honored if you hosted it timmie.

Ok, just tried it out. Very cool :) Got my ass kicked since I can't remember the last time I played Doom multiplayer, though... Netcode seems very smooth, too (no noticable lag with a ping of about 100ms or so).

Which version of ZDoomGL is that based on again? I'm just curious since the title picture was messed up (all black) :( Hmm, I'll also have to go through the cvars and make a bunch server only (*cough* like gl_wireframe)...

Well, I installed this-- but when I selected OpenGL nothing happened.

Bring me NetjDoom! :)

Oh yeah, another note timmie. The ZDaemon servers are still running on the 1.23 code from ZDoom. Only the client was changed. I hardly see the need to update to the newest ZDoom since all I require is the gameplay (no graphics) for the server.

Well, they're just locked unless changed by the person running the server, I guess. No changes needed to the server, I don't think... Basically, I made gl_wireframe, gl_texture and gl_depthfog server controlled cvars (CVAR_SERVERINFO cvars).

Also, I think the graphical weirdness was due to it immediately jumping into the game instead of sitting at the title screen like I'm used to :)