Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

Mixing Heretic and DooM

I don't know if this idea has been brought up before, but here goes... Wouldn't it be nice if there was a TC or something, where you would be able to choose a Space-Marine or a Heretic-knight.

Some possibilities:

1. Deathmatch would rule, spacemarines could be fighting Heretic-knights and viceversa.

2. Different sceneries. From ancient castles to high-tech bases.

3. Different kinds of weapons, from Supershotguns to crossbows.

4. Co-operative mode: example> fight Demons from hell with your buddie-marines and buddie-knights.

Is this possible? Any other ideas? Fire away...

That would be cool! Finally, we'd get to see who would win between the DooMGuy and HereticGuy! SSG vs. Dragon's Claw!
Chaingun vs. Ethereal Crossbow! Phoenix Rod vs. Rocket Launcher! Plasma Rifle vs. Hell Staff! Nearly endless possibilities!

That would be cool! Finally, we'd get to see who would between the DooMGuy and HereticGuy! SSG vs. Dragon's Claw!
Chaingun vs. Ethereal Crossbow! Phoenix Rod vs. Rocket Launcher! Plasma Rifle vs. Hell Staff! Nearly endless possibilities!

Exactly!! No more questions like : Who would win? Which gun is more usefull?

It would be a blast!!! I'm not really good at editing and stuff, so unfortunately (?) someone else is gonna have to do it. :)

That might be cool for multiplayer but that just wouldn't flow right in normal gameplay. And damnit DooMBoy, DooMGuy would waste HereticGuy 'cause I said so.

That might be cool for multiplayer but that just wouldn't flow right in normal gameplay.

Fine, make it multiplayer-only. It would rule IMHO.

How about this idea: Deathmatch (teamplay).
A castle is dominated by heretic-knights. You're in a team full of Spacemarines, standing in front of the castle. You're mission is to storm the castle and take the whole thing over. This would kick ass very hard. The battles would make an awesome scene.

Dammit, someone better be making this. (I think I just wet my pants)

The base stands ruined before you and your squad, the Alpha Team. "Alright, split up in groups of 3.", says your Team Leader. You sneak a glance at the base. Magical energy fields surround the place, and Heretic knights stand guard around the perimeter of the base. It's up to you and your team of two more to figure out how to get by those knights without being seen......Imagine this in a "Capture the Base/Fortress" multiplayer online game, with the help of some sort of voice-recognition system, such as Game Commander 2. Awesome.

/Me smiles after reading Doomboy's post above.
Man, imagine that. And it is possible!

Someone with other suggestions maybe??

I think somebody already did a Heretic/Doom mix (for Doom). Can't remember it though but I know I had it at one point. It wasn't all that great.

Heh. :)

Imagine you're a Heretic-knight. You're sitting up high in a tower (No Lut, not like that), waiting for the marines to come. Suddenly they attack you. Bolts of plasma are coming your way. You duck. They miss. You grab your crossbow and fire back. I say this once again, this would make amazing battle-scenes. I really hope there's someone out there with the talent to do this. I'll be playing it, that's for sure.

Why not DIY...? Do It Yourself? Find the best mappers you can, graphic artists (well, people who can convert graphics from heretic to doom/visa versa) and sound guys and programmers and get this thing done.... who knows.

I wouldn't even know where to start...
I have never lead an entire project before, so I'd better leave that up to someone with major experience, to make sure he'd get the job done right. Man, this TC would kick serious ass.

Man, this TC would kick serious ass.

whoa...it is possible ? if so, please DO NOT include the morph egg :(

Well, if you want to get real techincal, isn't generations or SOG pretty much that concept? Maybe i'll try this little shindig, i hear that the progs in vavoom are quite powerful.

What have i done with my life?

sounds great. you might be onto something here... maybe i'll rip the music from psx hexen.

That would be cool! Finally, we'd get to see who would win between the DooMGuy and HereticGuy! SSG vs. Dragon's Claw!

erm... no, there are 8 * 8 = 64 possibilities. ;)

Yeah, I'm trying to do 3D floors in legacy.......
Current map is a castle......
Could put that in.

Hopefully that will get the ball rolling
Sounds real cool.

Just hope it doesn't end up like Counter -Friggin- Strike
Use the New doom. Make it an Official multiplayer pack......
hmm getting ahead of myself here........

Someone do this NOW!

SSG vs. Dragon's Claw! Chaingun vs. Ethereal Crossbow! Phoenix Rod vs. Rocket Launcher! Plasma Rifle vs. Hell Staff!

You do know those are all the same thing, right? Different sprites ;)

erm... no, there are 8 * 8 = 64 possibilities. ;)

HI!

TOME OF POWER!

BYE!

All I can say is: Spread the news.
I hope someone talented enough will make this come true.

While it is true that many of Doom's weapons have parallels in Heretic(Rocket Launcher->Phoenix Rod, Plasma Rifle= Hellstaff) it would still be fun to see the DG's and HG's weapons against each other.

Another example ---> A small village (couple of houses made out of wood and leaves) is taken over by spacemarines. Your'e in a team of Heretic-knights. Your job is to take over the village to claim your victory once again.

Enough examples now. Damn, I can see it all happening already. :)

And yes, it is true that weapons from Heretic & DooM are pretty much equal in strength. But that would make it a fair game, wouldn't it?

Please, no more new projects! There are already too many.

You simply wouldn't be able to get anyone to help you. Look at Perforated Entrails or Demise.

sounds great. you might be onto something here... maybe i'll rip the music from psx hexen.

Or maybe you can rip the music from Hexen 64, though the tracks are shorter but they sound great, but then again I have no control of what I want you to do, and even if you could do it, you need an n64.

/\Bump/\

That would be cool, since I own Heretic, and I might be taking some of the levels and then modifying them for a better deathmatch game.