Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
PumpkinSmasher

S.P.I.S.P.O.P.D

Since ID wants to make sure their next game's name is not so cool-sounding as DOOM and much longer to eliminate all of the casual "Where can I get xxx" posts, they are going to delease a newer Version of S.P.I.S.P.O.P.D. S.P.I.S.P.O.P.D. stands for Smashing Pumpkins Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris. S.P.I.S.P.O.P.D. 1 was released sround the same time as the original Doom, and their was much hype about it before Doom was released, but once Doom was released there was so much hype about Doom that S.P.I.S.P.O.P.D. was almost forgotten. S.P.I.S.P.O.P.D. 2 will be released, and is supposed to be on an engine similar to Doom 3, but with less features. S.P.I.S.P.O.P.D. 2 will be great.

If you here anything about the new S.P.I.S.P.O.P.D. 2, or have info on the old S.P.I.S.P.O.P.D game post it here.

That links to a game called Dr. Lunatic from Hamumu software. SPISPOPD is a different game than Amazin' Spispoped. They are not the same games, dont get them confused. That link is not Spispopd 2.

The original Spispopd can be downloaded from the internet. It is not for fast machines, so if you have an old computer run it on that. Also you can't use the install.bat, you have to unzip the files yourself. Install the spis.zip into your Spispopd directory, and unzip the Voc.zip into a folder called VOC that you need to make in your Spispopd directory. If you do this and have an old machine you can play the original SPISPOPD. Here is the pae where you can get it:

http://www.yf-soft.com/~blur/site/games.html

This is the old SPISPOPD, not the new one that is being made. If you here anything about the new one, or have info on the old game post it here.

No, I'm not confused. Hamamu Software clearly regard Dr Lunatic as SPISPOPD II, and the successor to the game you linked to. If you play Dr Lunatic, the opening screen says in big letters:

SPISPOPD II
DR. LUNATIC

BTW, the whole SPISPOPD thing started off as just an online joke. link.

Dr. Lunatic is the sequal to the game Amazin SPISPOPD. It is different. You can find out about Amazin SPISPOPD at the Hamumu site, but it is not the same game, nor is Dr. Lunatic the sequal to it. SPISPOPD 2 is in development.

I heard SPISPOPD II has neural net based AI that can carry on conversations with you about any subject you wish, and can learn from its mistakes and environment. Does anyone know if this is true?

I also hear it has way cool networking with an entire simulated lunar base you can wander around with thousands of other people, MMRPG style.

I thinks its cool that id software added in something from a joke in the community. Imagine if a huge thread got stated on doomworld and it led to something in the new doom game...

Well, unfortunately it's quite doubtful that any idders visit here.

If they don't, then that means Doomworld is unlikely to influence the colour of a single pixel on the game's many, many textures, let alone an entire feature of the game :|

NiGHTMARE said:

Well, unfortunately it's quite doubtful that any idders visit here.

According to Linguica and Julian, they visit these forums frequently.

Fredrik said:

According to Linguica and Julian, they visit these forums frequently.

IIRC, the guy who constructed the uac website was here recently.

And of course, John Carmack (aka DooMBoy) spends most of his time browsing the forums.

gatewatcher said:

IIRC, the guy who constructed the uac website was here recently.

And of course, John Carmack (aka DooMBoy) spends most of his time browsing the forums.

i thought that JC was a username...

fraggle i also heard it has a really sophisticated networking system, but i doubt it could have a thousand people on it at once, but that would be cool. Its gonna be fun playing eachother over the internet, smashing eachother instead of the pumpkins.

O and wasted, i think they are more concerned with making SPISPOPD 2 than SPISPOPD 3 at the moment.

PumpkinSmasher said:

fraggle i also heard it has a really sophisticated networking system, but i doubt it could have a thousand people on it at once, but that would be cool. Its gonna be fun playing eachother over the internet, smashing eachother instead of the pumpkins.

O and wasted, i think they are more concerned with making SPISPOPD 2 than SPISPOPD 3 at the moment.

Can you say BULLSHIT?