Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IMJack

Near thing...

Disorder said:

Well, I've never seen Doom promote suicide :)

What about rocket jumps or zombie exits in speedrunning demos? ;)

I always hated the way you're supposed to rocketjump to the secret exit on E3M6 and was very pleased to discover it could be strafejumped instead.

I hate hearing shit like this, it just bugs me to see stupid people do this such as bring guns to school and start shooting people for some reasons.

It actually quite easy to get to the secret exit with 200 health and armor if you save those invulnerability powerups until the very end.

I'm in favor of drugs, self-mutilation, and listening to underground music as opposed to homicidal rampages.

/sarcasm/ Oooh boy! I guess the kid got sooooo excited in shooting up his school bringing all of those guns that he shot himself to contain his excitement!!! /sarcasm/

Ichor said:

It actually quite easy to get to the secret exit with 200 health and armor if you save those invulnerability powerups until the very end.

True. With a small amount of planning, it's not hard to be in a position to make the jump the official way. My point was that it felt unsatisfactory that the marine is, officially at least, required to do something so drastic as blow himself up with the rocket launcher to reach the secret level.

Having said that, though, it strikes me as I write this that it's only a more extreme case of having to run through nukage tunnels to reach hidden areas, so maybe it does fit in with the rest of the game.

(To be honest I think my problem with it was that I needed to consult the FAQ to reach the secret level, as it didn't occur to me that blowing yourself up would ever be required... Oh well.)

Ichor said:

or if you press the switch from the outside of the box :P

I was telling a friend of mine about this and he had an 'interresting' take on things. He pointed out that around 2000 the biggest selling books where those about armageddon. People just ate them up even though they sucked. So he decided that it would be a great idea to write a book about a school shooting from the point of view of the shooter. Kind of to show sympathy, ya know?

If you ask me it's a stupid idea. It's just asking to be an excuse for further shootings.