Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Heh heh... I wonder what's with Duke3D these days.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

It's funny, isn't it? Back in '95, (I think) when Doom was still pretty cool among the gaming community, some game called 'Duke Nukem 3D' comes out. All the masses go to drool on the dang thing, leaving Doom in the dust. 6 years later, what game is still the reigning champ of classic FPS'ers? You guessed it. And thanks to ZDoom, Doom Legacy, etc.. the Doom engine has matched (if not surpassed) the capabilities of the Duke3D engine. And to think that back then, Duke 3D was 'the game'. Face it. It ain't as good as Doom. Yeah you heard me. Duke's multiplayer can't lay a finger on the good ol' deathmatch. (And I still think the Doom shotgun looks manlier than the Duke 3d shotgun.) Another thing, the main characters. The Marine, and Duke. The true man don't have time for fast women and beer, cause he's got demons to toast. :) Well, ya heard it from me.

Duke3D's dukematch beats DM no matter what. :P

I don't care for dukematching, but duke3d coop OWNS

the ONE thing I did love about DM in DUKE3d were the laser trip mines.... a few secret setups behind a closed door, and when opponent opens the door... BOOOOOOOOOOOM MOTHER F'R!!!!!! hehehe... sweet.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

On second thought, scratch that post. I never played Duke 3D THAT MUCH, and I just deleted the dang thing. :/ I was born a Doom fanatic, and will die a Doom fanatic, baby.

I hate people that can't say something good about one game without bashing another. Its really fucking sophomoric.

Duke had badassed DM action and the coop is second to none. Blood and Hexen are majorly underrated games too.

I'd like to see you do a two hour DM on LA RUMBLE and not be really fucking impressed.

Anyway, the only reason there are things like ZDoom and Legacy is because id released the source code. 3D Realms hasn't released the Duke-specific code to build yet. That's why there's no ports. They're talking about releasing it when Duke4ever ships... I hope that's true.

Umm, actually deadnail, I think the source code has been released. Otherwise e-duke wouldn't be legal. I was reading about it from the guy that was putting it out, that he had to wait for the source release. Well, e-duke WAS released...until Dukeworld sold out to gayspy. Anyways, I like DOom better because you could make better TCs with it. you could pretty much make brand new weapons, graphics, etc., except for damage on instant-hit weapons. With Duke, you couldn't make a new weapon outside graphics, unless it was a projectile weapon. I know cuz I used to fiddle with the .con files a bit. but there are other things, as well. And the sourceports DO most certainly put Doom above Duke, unless you factor in e-duke, and then they're on equal ground. Well...to a degree...e-duke looks/looked complicated as hell, whereas EGDE (the only sourceport where making new stuff is relatively easy from what I've seen, at least for weapons and monsters/items/characters) is more or less dehacked with more features and capabilities (just in the userfriendliness), and a lot more balls behind it. Q-C is a bitch, and so is UnrealED...so yeah, with the sourceports, us Doomers got it better than most, period. and in regards to DM/co-op, I've only played quake and Jedi Knight in MP. I hated Quake, and JK as far as I'm concerned rocked as long as you were using sabers and force, because that was the only weapon group that was properly balanced. But Duke I think would be sweet in co-op...and I have DM'd with it...I thought it was no great shakes...yes, I guess I've done three PC games, not two in Deathmatch. Personally, I'd love to try Shadow Warrior in co-op, that would probably be VERY sweet. Or blood...or Doom...or, if possible, Quake II. And, if someone ever makes it possible, I'd LOVE to do Blood II in co-op...that would be fuckin' SWEET!!!

Umm, actually deadnail, I think the source code has been released. Otherwise e-duke wouldn't be legal. I was reading about it from the guy that was putting it out, that he had to wait for the source release. Well, e-duke WAS released...until Dukeworld sold out to gayspy. Anyways, I like DOom better because you could make better TCs with it. you could pretty much make brand new weapons, graphics, etc., except for damage on instant-hit weapons. With Duke, you couldn't make a new weapon outside graphics, unless it was a projectile weapon. I know cuz I used to fiddle with the .con files a bit. but there are other things, as well. And the sourceports DO most certainly put Doom above Duke, unless you factor in e-duke, and then they're on equal ground. Well...to a degree...e-duke looks/looked complicated as hell, whereas EGDE (the only sourceport where making new stuff is relatively easy from what I've seen, at least for weapons and monsters/items/characters) is more or less dehacked with more features and capabilities (just in the userfriendliness), and a lot more balls behind it. Q-C is a bitch, and so is UnrealED...so yeah, with the sourceports, us Doomers got it better than most, period. and in regards to DM/co-op, I've only played quake and Jedi Knight in MP. I hated Quake, and JK as far as I'm concerned rocked as long as you were using sabers and force, because that was the only weapon group that was properly balanced. But Duke I think would be sweet in co-op...and I have DM'd with it...I thought it was no great shakes...yes, I guess I've done three PC games, not two in Deathmatch. Personally, I'd love to try Shadow Warrior in co-op, that would probably be VERY sweet. Or blood...or Doom...or, if possible, Quake II. And, if someone ever makes it possible, I'd LOVE to do Blood II in co-op...that would be fuckin' SWEET!!!

Umm, actually deadnail, I think the source code has been released. Otherwise e-duke wouldn't be legal. I was reading about it from the guy that was putting it out, that he had to wait for the source release. Well, e-duke WAS released...

Yes, by the guy that did WWII for Build. He has permission. Search every fucking Duke site on the Internet and let me know when you find the source code. You can get Doom's source code easily from this site, well, at least when Telefragged computers aren't bursting into flames that is. Look at DukeGL. It's a fucking hack that contains zero Duke source.

Making mods depends on what you're used to doing. If you have no programming ability then editing something like Half-Life, Q3A or UT is simply a bad idea... but when all the commands have been parsed into cute little easy-to-fill-out editing forms then its easy for everyone to jump in. I'm not including DDF, since half of the things I try to do refuse to work. Try to combine the chaingun and shotgun into one weapon.

Jedi Knight? Quake? Jesus Christ, you need help. You should play Blood modem2modem with a buddy for a few hours straight, that'll set you right.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Let's drop the damn subject, alright? I slipped up. There. Ya f***in happy now?

I almost missed that post. Duke is very much alive, but I do envy this forum, this is one thing Dukers do not have. As for E-Duke and the source code.
The source code for Build (the editor) is out. If you do not have Watcom, you can not re-compile that source either, so it’s very much no use to me. The source code for Duke the game is not out and never will be, based on George Broussard. As a compromise e-duke takes specific functions from the source out and puts it into e-duke, which can be modified. E-Duke is legal since it is an extension to the game.com files and does not replace the source. This is somewhat cumbersome, but better than nothing.
As for Doom being better than Duke? It’s like colors. I luve black. People tell me it’s not even a color. Some luve blue, or red. I like red too, and white, and ... so which color is the best? Which game is the best? The one which is on my hard drive, and I play the most.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Let's drop the damn subject, alright? I slipped up. There. Ya f***in happy now?

Didn't ya get this?

I wouldn't mind trying blood, but modem to modem with someone who has it is a bit hard where I live. And I never said I enjoyed Quake. I hate that game, period.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

I've played Blood but never a single Bloodmatch. That VooDoo doll kicks butt.

/me fakes Caleb's voice.

IT BURNS IT BURNS AH AH OUH AAAH AHAAAAAAH ME QUEMOOOO!!!!! *death scream*

For those of you that don't know, "ME QUEMO" is "I'm burning" in Spanish. :)

Quidate conmigo
Esta noche bailamos
¡Bailamos!

guess this song's author !

As far as I know just TEN... but hey, you can always use the LAN emulator on the MSN Gaming Zone... so long as you have a bitchin' connection.