Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubh

What are your plans when it is released?

Hi Folks,

During the week I had a couple of friends over to the house for a few beers. Conversation turned to entertainment, animation and quality nowadays etc. So I was obviously compelled to mention Doom. At this stage I thought they were going to say something like "Oh shuttup about that damn game" but to my surprise the response was "Oh yeah, when is that out?" I replied "Probably November"

To cut a long story short, I booted up the PC and showed them the E3 Vid. They were all absolutely blown away. I played it over and over (as many times as I was asked to, about ten)

So we have now decided that when it comes out, I am having a night with the lads maybe with a borrowed projector, lots of beer etc..
And of course Doom3.

As soon as the release date is announce, I have orders to book this night in the house, get rid of any female stragglers, crank up the 5.1 and have a laugh.

Just thought I'd share that with you guys...

Anyone else got anything planned??

Get roaring drunk, then sleep it off.

And then work on getting new hardware to run it with.

Heh heh, yeah, I set out a budget there about 2 months ago for my new rig. Haven't been spending that way though. Doh!!

Roaring drunk right-now is always more attractive than a long-term savings plan.

I'll wait until I have enough money to buy me some new hardware. After all that is done I'll read through the booklet first and then play the game. I have no idea why, but I always force myself to read parts of the booklet. Usually for some story background, etc.

Then I'll go up to my room, make the room as dark as possible, drink beer and insert the cd-rom. I'll probably wander around in the pre-disaster part of the game first (I've read that just like in Half-life it is possible to walk around and look out of the windows before all Hell breaks loose, literally). Then, when I feel like shooting zombies and imps, I'll start doing that :)

Buy it...
Hide it...
Work as a slave to buy hardware...
Then, after 10 years play it...

PS After finishing the game ill get roaring drunk...
And then ill probobly die...

Play HL2 first... :)

No, sit and stare at the box in disbelief for hours, open it, insert the CD with care, crank the volume up, block the rays, and finish the game in one go.

Play it, beat it, maybe play/beat the game again, then go back to the originals.

-Buy the game,
-look at the box,
-rip open the box (without damagin it),
-install the game and,
-play it for hours and hours.

I already have the requiered hardware, so...

I'll probably be hopping in my chair of excitement when the game installs. Then I'll play the first few SP maps and try a bit of DM with my bro.

It also kinda depends on what test/demo versions get released before the full version. I might already be very familiar with Doom3's gameplay before I open the box. I'm always more excited when the first playable demo of a new game gets released on the net. When the full game gets released afterwards, it usually holds less surprises for me.

Play the game until everything that I've work hard for collapses and my wife goes with the baby to her mom's house...

Well, second thought:

Buy the game, play the game, tell my friends about it... have fun.

1. I buy the game
2. Install and play (hardest level -1) for about 1 hour
3. Tweak my PC, read websites about how to tweak
4. Play some more
5. Buy a 5.1 sound system / or headphones (probably headphones)
6. Play some more
7. Read some more website, place some comments.
8. And decide that the next weekend is DOOM3. postpone all my appointments for that weekend. And enjoy it, enjoy it and enjoy it.
9. did I mention that I'm going to enjoy it?

Arno said:

It also kinda depends on what test/demo versions get released before the full version.

I don't expect one this time ;(

Having already paid for the game, I'll go pick it up. Then I'll play it, have several orgasms, beat it, and then kill myself (I've always made it a point to die happy, nothing like a bit of insurance)

I'm going to buy it, but get this, this is the best part of all! then im going to play it!!.

Zoost said:

I don't expect one this time ;(

Why not? The graphics and networking code is pretty new. I suspect they wanna test it on as many system configurations as possible.

Besides, Id Software ALWAYS releases tests/demos prior to their games.

Ct_red_pants said:

CRY LIKE A LITTLE GIRL.

Yeah, that.

But I'll probably buy the game, keep it on a shelf, then play it 3 years later when I have the hardware.

Arno said:

Why not? The graphics and networking code is pretty new. I suspect they wanna test it on as many system configurations as possible.

Because JC hinted at not releasing a demo/test this time. The primary reason for a tech test was the MP stuff (Speed, Balance) so the playability of the MP and not the fact that it runs on certain hardware. The don't have to test that in a public test.

Besides, Id Software ALWAYS releases tests/demos prior to their games. [/B]

In the beginning they releases a demo/freeware as part of their inventive marketing scheme. So not to test but to sell. Nowadays they don't have to market their software in that way. Freeware is not a option anymore. And besides there is first time for everything.

But still, it would be nice. (but not neccesary)