Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Purp

ZDaemon connection problems

I can't connect to half the ZDaemon servers listed on IDE, and I can't work out why. I have the same old problems with csDoom servers, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, but I'm used to that; and connecting to Skulltag servers seems to work fine, but ZDaemon just decides not to let me connect to certain servers. I've made sure I have the latest version, so it's not that. Any ideas?

No, it's always like it. I've had problems ever since all the new versions started to come out. Last time I could successfully join a game almost every time was when 0.99 was still the latest version. I love the new versions but they refuse to work on my computer :(

Matt: can you specify what errors you're getting from trying to connect to the servers? Does it keep appearing with the message of "requesting gamestate" repeatedly or something else?

MaTT [TiK] said:
I can't connect to half the ZDaemon servers listed on IDE,

What happens if you try with ZLauncher and not IDE?

999cop said:

Matt: can you specify what errors you're getting from trying to connect to the servers? Does it keep appearing with the message of "requesting gamestate" repeatedly or something else?

Yeah, that's what it does, it says "requesting gamestate" several times and then gives up trying.

fodders said:

What happens if you try with ZLauncher and not IDE?

I haven't tried that yet, didn't think of it. I can't do it now because I have to go back to school in a minute, but I'll try later.

Most of the servers I tried last night seemed to work anyway, but it's not often that that happens.

requesting gamestate usually means that server is full, usually someone nipped in in front of you while you were dithering about "Oh my God it's Cop in there, he is too good" :P

fodders said:

requesting gamestate usually means that server is full, usually someone nipped in in front of you while you were dithering about "Oh my God it's Cop in there, he is too good" :P

Fod's explanation is, as a matter of fact, only one of causes to the problem. I believe there are other reasons than that however I would have to confirm with Raider first before testifying it.

Aha, thanks fod and cop. If I go on IRC later I'll ask Raider myself. I just checked to see how long ago you posted that reply but it wasn't much help since you apparently posted it in ten minutes from now :s

This is a reoccuring problem reguarding networks. (This is what me and Raider discovered anyway). Lyfe's servers always work fine and he has a killer network while normal user's servers seem to give problems such as this on an often basis.

Ralphis said:

This is a reoccuring problem reguarding networks. (This is what me and Raider discovered anyway). Lyfe's servers always work fine and he has a killer network while normal user's servers seem to give problems such as this on an often basis.

Aha, so it's not just me then?

DevastatioN said:

Answer: Dont play Ports, DooM me on zone and LAN! :)

I like playing on the Zone but it's so fucking laggy with 56k :(