• Louis Black
    • Gallagher
    • Bill Cosby
    • Other

Fredrik said:

Other.

You didn't ask me to specify.

Specify.

I've heard too many funny comedians in my time to name just one, they're all pretty funny IMO.

Henry Rollins has a few funny spoken word tracks. Other than that, Gallagher has made me laugh a few times.

bill hicks, i suppose. although i'd like him even more if he wasn't such a fucking hippy.

George Carlin is quantity over quality. I think he tries too hard. When I listen, I feel like "Ugh! Back off..."

There are many other comedians who are far funnier, but usually are only good for 2 or 3 acts in their career. I'd much rather hear many different funny comedians than one "Mleh" comedian.

However, Jerry Seinfeld has to be considered one of the all-time comedy icons.

AndrewB said:

However, Jerry Seinfeld has to be considered one of the all-time comedy icons.

Heh...his show was the best sitcom ever. His book was pretty damn funny too. Never saw him do any standup outside of the show though.

I dont really have a favourite, I find almost anything funny. :D

the_Danarchist said:

Heh...his show was the best sitcom ever. His book was pretty damn funny too. Never saw him do any standup outside of the show though.

I believe I saw one on TV twice, actually, I found it qutie funny. :D

I think a very similar question was asked a few months ago, and I said Attilla the Stockbroker, just to be different. Just to be the same, I'll say Attilla the Stockbroker again.

Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf is indeed a strong new contender, but so far his comedy hasn't been very wide-ranging.
[edit]Having said that, some people are writing new material for him.[/edit]

Ranting at the Nation is a fine album. Attila was the finest comedian of the 80s.
you'd probably say Bullocks to that, though. :)

Chris Rock's last HBO special was a hoot. shame his movies aren't funny at all...

Gabriel Iglasias is damn funny, and he can do some pretty funny stuff with his voice (talk like a little girl, imitate sounds like roller costers and , of course, godzilla.

Chris Rock is pretty funny, especially when he gets going on racial issues. However, I think I have to go with Steve Martin.

DC

Jerry Seinfeld and Louis Black get my vote. seinfeld for his observational comedy and his creative genious, and louis black for his imaginitive and emotional comedy skits as well as his observatoinal comedy.

Hmm... Paul Merton is good on Have I got news... Really like Seinfeld, never seen his live act, but I really loved the way the show managed put a really imaginative spin on the most mundane things (plus the dialogue was great). Bill Hicks I really like, and Jack Dee is pretty good too.

Wow... it looks like I'm the only one here who doesn't like Seinfeld's act. It just isn't very funny to me... if anything it's just annoying. I would have to say that Louis Black is my favorite comedian for the moment. Well... either him or god...