Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

What the deal?

This isn't why he was banned, and neither was this, but this is what ultimately did it. It was when he tried to sidetrack that thread and start another flamewar that Arioch finally had enough.

I think he was banned because he had some stupid shit against a few people and felt the need to bring it up in several threads, including ones not even related to the subject. He was trolling for the sake of starting a flamewar in the most obvious manner possible.

You know, it wasn't until very recently that there were any problems with him. It started with all the controversy around the Doom64 TC (which I for one would like to see completed). My guess is that over these past couple of days he got angry at all the bickering to the point where it got him banned for a while, maybe until the TC is released and this finally gets settled (but Arioch will be the final judge of that, since he banned him).

gatewatcher said:

Heh, I see he fits in nicely at ND from the looks of that thread.

heh.

You're not making a very good case. In fact, I hate you now that you've taken up bitching, especially for a retard and the corresponding retarded cause. Just stop.

Mr. Chris said:

Very well..

/me stops

Yeah, good idea. If you don't like dw, stay on newdoom. Thats simple.

I don't have anything against anyone here, just the annoying bans bug me.

Bans are never pleasant, especially to those on the business end. By the way, do you know of someone named Irule?

Bloodshedder said:

Possibly goes by Electro as well, and has a NetZero e-mail account?

And is signed up at newdoom as well. I bet electro is Irule. heh.

Some of his posts in NewDoom and Doom Connector does make me suspect that it's him.

Who cares who he is, it's what he is that's important, flamebait. It's obvious he's here for one purpose, that being anti-dw trolls. With any luck, Arioch will just permaban him.

He was here for about five minutes before I got him. I doubt he'll be back.

anything i'm about to say probably has no relevance to this thread and probably constitutes as trolling but since i figure it's an interesting topic and i would rather attempt to make an interesting reply instead of sitting back and watching while my post count and avatar remain the same or posting irrelevant retarded issues.

anyway, what is this sudden attempt at revolution from the members? i'm not going to get into any of it because i don't understand any of it yet. it seems that there's just a sudden huge amount of apprehension.

The "revolution" you think you're seeing does not come from any highly-respected members or regulars of the forums. It comes rather from a select group of outsiders, who most (I believe) frequent the competing site to Doomworld.

There's a "revolution" occasionally, remember when all those people quit DW at once a while back, and they all felt the need to post that they were leaving? Or uh, any of the many other "revolutions".

Ralphis said:

Well I'm here, so rejoice my friends!

Well, thank God for that. If Ralphis joined the revolution, Doomworld would be hax0red and the back-ups deleted in no time. ph33r.

Linguica said:

There's a "revolution" occasionally, remember when all those people quit DW at once a while back, and they all felt the need to post that they were leaving? Or uh, any of the many other "revolutions".

That was the best day DW ever had.

There's a line between making a defence for the D64 TC and and trying to turn every thread into a defence of it. I was quite happy to indulge in that one thread he made about it but that's enough. It was clear he wouldn't stop going on about it, even though it was obviously far more a destructive argument than a constructive one, and though he was warned he didn't stop, so he had to go.

Like Ichor said, I hope when this issue has been resolved this whole thing can be dropped. At some point something has happened to make it into another doomworld vs. newdoom thing. It really isn't. Sure, a lot of dw's members don't like various things about the TC but that's a personal thing and I for one don't want it escalating into crap between the two forums. If I see anything started by either side from now on I think I'll just plain delete it altogether, as some of the mods have suggested.

Well, I am not here to flame or start any revolution. Im a DW regular, and it was all about trying to clear the mess with the Doom64 TC, which I am the closest supporter of.
I feel ive been the victim of being silenced for my views.
Edit : At least ive had the chance to explain :\

I hope this can be resolved soon.

mt_heretic said:

Well, I am not here to flame or start any revolution. Im a DW regular, and it was all about trying to clear the mess with the Doom64 TC, which I am the closest supporter of.
I feel ive been the victim of being silenced for my views.
Edit : At least ive had the chance to explain :\

I hope this can be resolved soon.

Heh, ban evasion.

Yeah, I know nobody cares my view on it all but I'm going to give it anyway. I couldn't really care less about the legality or whatnot of the Doom64 TC... In fact I couldn't really care less about the TC itself. But trolling and sidetracking threads completely is just stupid. What did you expect, a bunch of flowers?