Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

I had a weird-ass dream last night

I had this dream last night where I was in a level that basically you are running the whole time from a good 20 or so imps and a few caco's but the thing is, they are nearly my speed. There were also these female things that were kinda pudgy, chasing after me as well. The level had blue stone walls kinda like wolfenstein. I ended up running into a few corners where I thought there was a door but there wasn't, then basically beat the shit out of the imps using street fighting tactics (kneeing in the face, etc) then eventually found the portal out. Then the screen came up for completing the level and it was called running. I haven't played doom or doom 2 in a while so I don't know, but is there a level in any of the 2 games called Running, or where you are basically running searching for an exit the whole time, with barely no ammo?

no XD

Ive had various doom dreams too, none of which was set in the game (one was like sonic except the level was made out of cacodemons XD)

No, but I've played some levels that had little or no ammo in them.

Alientank said:

I haven't played doom or doom 2 in a while so I don't know, but is there a level in any of the 2 games called Running, or where you are basically running searching for an exit the whole time, with barely no ammo?

I once created a level titled "run like hell" based on that concept, but the level differed in that it required the player to retrace his course and eventually fight his way back to the start, where the exit was located. I think it turned out quite nice, though it was never released.

Lüt said:

I once created a level titled "run like hell" based on that concept, but the level differed in that it required the player to retrace his course and eventually fight his way back to the start, where the exit was located. I think it turned out quite nice, though it was never released.

That sounds mighty cool.

There was also "Running Scared" (cant remember the wad name). But you get a beraerk pack in that.

There's also "Running Forever" in 1337.wad, though that isn't the real level name I don't think. Took me 5 minutes to figure out I'd been duped.

Lüt said:

O_O ...I created a level just like that a few months ago for my wad...I was gunna call it Run Like Hell, but I changed that cause it sounded too serious. :P

I had a dream before about doom It was Like E1M1 I was in only with a mixed in with my room and there was no gravety and lazer guns and flame throwers where the only wepons that where used my friend was in the game to and I remember jumping around and shooting but i dont remember what.

man i havent had a cool dream in like a month or two i wish i had another cool one like that. =(

Assmaster said:

Woah! DA's making maps? Gonna release any?

I've been working on it since last July, silly. :P
But its nowhere near completion, I only have 8 maps done. :P
Only if Legacy would not be so choppy my progress would br much greater. ;)

Vile said:

There's also "Running Forever" in 1337.wad, though that isn't the real level name I don't think. Took me 5 minutes to figure out I'd been duped.

ROFL, I always wondered if that would actually trick anybody. Glad to see it worked :D

DOOM Anomaly said:

O_O ...I created a level just like that a few months ago for my wad...I was gunna call it Run Like Hell, but I changed that cause it sounded too serious. :P

The concept originated while I was listening to the song of the same name by Pink Floyd. I couldn't find a reason to name the map anything else, although unfortunately the music didn't remotely suit the map, otherwise I thought it would be a great idea to include a MIDI version of the actual song as the map's music.

Please, please tell me you weren't involved in any way with that atrocity of a megawad 1337. Or at least tell me it was a joke.

Grimm said:

Please, please tell me you weren't involved in any way with that atrocity of a megawad 1337.

Yeah, I was Ernie/Michael Stockham and Dashiva was Brian Davis. Adam was Al Depantsia and Dev was Dev. I wrote the text file too.

Grimm said:

Or at least tell me it was a joke.

I was hoping that would be fairly obvious.

Well, I wasn't part of these forums when I downloaded 1337, and I've played some horrible wads in my time, so . . .

heh, back when I was little..I'd have dreams of the cyber demon chasing me...stomping sounds and all

I've got a level in the old Ghostbusters DooM where you jump into the river of slime and flow with the river trying to take the right paths so you don't go the wrong way and end up drowning in slime.

Thats the thing about playing Doom:

Once you have dreams about it, you know Doom has you, and you know it wants you back...

Supreme General

SmellyOgre said:

If your having dreams about doom then i think you may be playing the game just a bit to much.

This is what we fucking live for. To have dreams based on Doom.
LIVE IT!

I had a doom dream last night, somebody had used the ant sprites i made for the first bughunt wad and created some kind of level where ants had overrun a facility or something, anyway i was running down a kind of dried-up artificial river thing (like where the motorbike chase is in terminator 2) except narrow, and textured with GRAYBIG, and there was hudreds of ants running at me which i was blowing away with the plasma gun, then i ran round a corner and switched to the flamethrower (it was the one from twilight warrior/the ghostbusters doom guy's deathmatch patch) which was a bit wierd because that weapon replaces the plasma gun, and started blasting away at ants with that

deathbringer said:

... and textured with GRAYBIG ...

LOL. Were the textures aligned correctly in this dream?

Yes actually XD, though it had a kinda 'channel' in the middle that was 8 units deep and had GRAY1 on the sides, which i thought was kinda odd.. XD

Hm, maybe i should upload bughunt.wad to the archuve, just so people can see how shit the sprites are XD (and maybe i should finish bughunt 2, and maybe i should make grand theft felney, and...)