Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StRiKeR

NEW DOOM PROJECT AND SITE

Need more info. Is there anyting done so far? Is it port specific? Whats the style?

your best plan is to make a level of it and then ask for mapping help. you won't have much luck finding people without first showing people what you can do yourself :)

I am touching up a "demo" level that will server as a e1m1 level. I am not gonna go all out on a level to show what I can do. I will probally do the first level in NovaShock and release it to show you guys what I am capable of. I am trying to decide what port to support. I am leaning in the way of ZDOOM, but am also considering JDOOM and legacy. Any suggestions from you guys?

Assmaster said:

Need more info. Is there anyting done so far? Is it port specific? Whats the style?

I have 3 of the levels drawn out on grid paper, but they might be scrapped. So nothing is really done. I will start on the first NovaShock level sometime next week. It will be called the "Diamond Port".

The choice of a port should be directed by what you have in mind. If your not sure yet, then maybe you should think this out a little more. Not trying to insult you or anything. Just some advice.

It will probally be ZDOOM, since is has alot of features that would let me really create the NovaShock project in the way I invision it.

StRiKeR, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

I have decided to implement support for Legacy. I am the most familiar with it and it supports scripting. There are already way too many projects with ZDOOM anyway. So I am gonna be different :)

The Ultimate DooMer said:

StRiKeR, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

I can assure you that this project will "get done" if I have to do it myself :) I am that dam dedicated, it's time I released something...

Also I will be starting on the first level in the NovaShock project "The Diamond Port" tomorrow

StRiKeR said:

I never said it was "mega-cool". I just said that I am gonna do a epidsode...

That was actually a standing joke on these forums. We had a custom tag for people who post 'hello I'm new' threads (the tag got removed due to everyone abusing it), and recently someone joked about making a custom tag for someone starting a thread asking for help on their new project (it happens quite a lot here), so I thought it'd be funny to post a 'fake' custom tag.

Of course I didn't expect it to become real....

StRiKeR said:

I can assure you that this project will "get done" if I have to do it myself :) I am that dam dedicated, it's time I released something...

Also I will be starting on the first level in the NovaShock project "The Diamond Port" tomorrow

No offence of course (I posted it and someone created the custom tag afterwards).

The Ultimate DooMer said:

No offence of course (I posted it and someone created the custom tag afterwards).

heh, it is a nice tag. I got it added, asked one of the admins :P.
Alot easier. :)

That newproject tag fails it. It needs a few hyperlinks and an e-mail link or two.

Anyway, I think we should be careful not to appear too hostile to new projects - we risk pissing off and alienating the people who do have an interesting idea and are willing and capable of doing most of the work themselves.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but should this not have been put in the Wads and Mods forum instead? Heh, oh, and good luck on this project of yours Striker. Maybe it'll see the light of day...

doomboy was right?!? /me starts waiting for the sky to fall down.

Heh, a bit of cloud and gray sky bashed me in the noggin yesterday, and I still gotta splitting headache.

I like the idea, and I would help you, but I've tied myself to the Metroid TC anchor and seem to be the only one keeping it off the bottom. (Other than ellmo.) You have good energy, keep it going, don't accept other junky jobs like I did. I burned myself out on other peoples crap, and I'm about through.

StRiKeR,

Good luck on your project.. I started one of my own awhile back and people lost interest in it and I had though that maybe this was a bad Idea.But I kept at it and it turned out to be worth all the bother in the end. In fact I am currently working on the Second installment for the project. You seem hell bent in getting the project completed. Thats always a good thing. Glad to see new projects in the works!

Thanks man, I am definetly hell bent on getting this project done :) Cool site by the way. Good luck with NHFL Ep2!