Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gocad_250

How do you make buttons using DeePsea?

ok ok ok, i know i asked a question not long ago but im having trouble once more...im having tons of problems making buttons to open doors and ect. with the level editor most of you heard of called DeePsea.
Anyways can anyone tell me how to create buttons that can activate doors, lifts, stuff like that so i can go on with making my levels.
thanks

(also the "help" button didnt seem to help me much...)

You will have to be more clear with what you are asking.

Are you trying to make the textures? You will need 2 of them, 1 normal and 1 switched.

Or are you talking about putting the tags on the doors to open them with a switch? Tags on the switch line must match the door sector and can be any free tag number. That way the switch line tells the game what to do to the door sector.

We can't help till we know what it is you really are asking.

sorry, i was asking about the tags...i thought by saying> "how to make buttons that can activate doors, lifts stuff like that...?" would be enough to give you the idea, anyways i ment the tags...sorry

Gherkin said:

Manuel? Manuel Calavera?
Manual!

no, your mom.

Select any free tag for your switch line. assign the line a line type such as open door, raise floor, lower lift etc.

Put the same tag on the SECTOR that you want to control. (lift, door etc.)

The line type tells the game what to do to what sector, door, lift etc.

Gocad_250 said:

...im having tons of problems making buttons to open doors and ect. with the level editor most of you heard of called DeePsea.
Anyways can anyone tell me how to create buttons that can activate doors, lifts, stuff like that so i can go on with making my levels.
thanks

Select the top Menu Help section, select Tutorial levels. DOOM2TUT.WAD is a small sample level with a walkthrough explanation (in the help here) covering switches (buttons) and other common questions.