Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tolwyn

Using ZETH in WinXP

I can get the editor to run in it's internal 640x480x256 mode, but I cannot get it to run at any higher resolution.

It kills my monitor with a Signal Out of Range (Timing) issue.

Is this a known issue?
Is there a work-around?

Why do you cross-post? Do you think the people here will be able to help you more than the ones in the editing forum (besides that many of them are the same)?

I didn't intend to cross post. I was given a direct link to this forum from someone helpful in the Doomsday forums.

Ever consider that people don't visit every single forum? Maybe there's someone in this forum that can help me more efficiently than in the general editing forum?

Get off my back.

Well, why would people in here know about it? ZDoomGL has nothing to do with ZETH. Try a search for ZETH in the editing forum, you'll find nearly 60 threads about it.
And if that does not help, go as at the ZDoom forum (note the missing GL; ZDoom's author did ZETH).

You just did what others have done. Posted a link, which I do appreciate, for me to follow to get advice.

Why here? ZETH is the editor for ZDoom, is it not? Don't ask me, man. DoomsdayHQ sent me to this forum.

Boris, do you have nothing else better to do than be an asshat for those of us trying to find the answer to a problem? Was my post so off topic?

Tolwyn said:

Why here? ZETH is the editor for ZDoom, is it not?

Yes, but this is a ZDoomGL forum.

[edit]
never listen to people at newdoom.com ;)

this is a common problem, and i have the same thing. tons of other people have had this problem as well, so bleh. not much to do about it.

No prob. Boris.

I'm unawares of the issues between Doomworld and New Doom. I like both sites... :)

I appreciate the redirect though, and again, I did not cross-post on purpose or with any malignant intent. :)

Thanks for the help.