Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tolwyn

[OT] Support The Community

I just wanted to give a big thanks to all of you developers that still take your own free time and spend it on Doom. Whether it be one of the source ports, or level design, or what-have-you. I just want to let you know that your work is appreciated.

I also wanted to encourage anyone and everyone to support your developer of choice. If they use paypal, drop $5 or $10 in their account if you can.

I'm a big Doomsday fan. I'm also closely following ZDoom and Legacy. I'm very encouraged with all the ports around, and I feel that they all add a lot of value (Edge, WHY editor, WinZETH (upcoming), and many others.

I dropped $20 Euro on Doomsday the other day. If you can afford even $3, or something, every little bit helps. Your not paying for the add-on, or the source port, but maybe for dinner and/or some beer and smokes for those involved in making Doom continue on strong.

Yeah, this is a bit of SPAM, I realize that, but just give it some thought. Doom is, let's face it, timeless. And the more we can support these folks, with words of encouragement, and maybe a pizza carry-out now and then, the more they're willing to work on it.

I just found out that WinTex 5.x Gold Edition was released. Can you believe that shit?

Ok. I'm done. Off to play some more Lost Episodes of Doom before I move on to Return to Phobos. :)

Hey! Yeah.
I got misty over the last month catching up on Doom.

Been looking for John Bye, Adelusion, Dario and Milo, and everyone. It's just something to fire up (your port of choice) and play Doom. It honestly does NOT get old. I'm amazed at how much fun I'm having.

Sure, I'm looking forward to HL:2, Doom:3, but man. Using my imagination and runnin' through all 2,375 PWADS I have is great. ;)

Still can't hold a candle to Klem music-wise, and I never will, but I fondly remember working with him on many projects, and working with Brian Kidby on TeamTNT's Icarus, etc.

:)

Just nice to see Doom thrive. Hence, this thread.

Believe me, if I had a steady cash flow, or job, I would, but I don't, and when twenty dollars can get me a whole game online, I have to pass.

Tolwyn said:

Hey! Yeah.

Still can't hold a candle to Klem music-wise, and I never will, but I fondly remember working with him on many projects, and working with Brian Kidby on TeamTNT's Icarus, etc.

:)

Just nice to see Doom thrive. Hence, this thread.

It's good to see you...ahem, well at least hear from you again!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Hey. I think I'm still a member of TeamTNT. At least I never unsubscribed from any of the mailing lists...

Grimm said:

Believe me, if I had a steady cash flow, or job, I would, but I don't, and when twenty dollars can get me a whole game online, I have to pass.

Linguica, dude. You scare me. ;) I've seen your web space here. It's a frightening thing. :) And that January 2003 post isn't scaring me off. Wuss-boy. ;)

Heh, I think you quoted the wrong post there, easily done on these new-fangled boards :P

Nice to see Doom still lights your fire, and props for the sentiments expressed. Klem is my favourite but some of your stuff is still up there :)

Tolwyn said:

I'm also closely following ZDoom and Legacy.

ah-hah. So did you play 3057demo? ;)

Tolwyn said:

aye, I'd have to say that the stuff you and Mark Klem put out are the best quality Doom music tracks ever (acually I'd say you two were about equal, more than one being more talented than the other). In fact, the large majority of my maps use a selection by you or Mark :)

Tolwyn said:

stuff

fucking run the fuck away while you can dude