Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rubilacxe

Raven Soft

I'm startin to think Raven is abandoning their magical game history. Do you think so? Do you think they should make a sequal to Heretic or Hexen to sorta close it all off and then continue with their more military themed games like SOF or Quake IV? Or should they just leave it alone and just keep doing stuff like now, forgetting about their successful past?

I noticed that too. I've heard several times that they don't plan on a new Serpent Rider type game anytime soon. Oh well, I still have my Hexen project to tide me over until they do finally get around to discussing whether to decide on making a new Heretic or Hexen sequel.

I'm thinkin once Doom 3 comes out, they could use the engine (since they have a history of using ID's engines) and make one more Serpant Rider game...a sequal to Hexen, I'd prefer, and then stop there. Something more like Hexen 1...I dunno, I was kinda disappointed with Hexen 2. I've had lots more fun with the original than the sequal.

Nah, they should get to work on Elite Force 3 instead (using the Doom 3 engine of course).

I like Hexen a lot more than Hexen 2, although I do still play it and Portal of Praevus, but I like Hexen mostly because of the map making possibilities. As for Heretic, that's a fun one two, and I even just finished a rather large map for it.

And from what I hear, Raven isn't even the ones making Elite Force 2.

Heretic and Hexen. One of the many underrated games out there. :P

I own the N64 version of Hexen and I'm always bringing friends over, firing it up, and spending hours on end playing Deathmatch. Well made game. Heretic 2 and Hexen 2 just threw me off.

Ichor said:

And from what I hear, Raven isn't even the ones making Elite Force 2.

I never said they were (Ritual are the ones responsible). Besides, no-one's making it, it's already been made :)

Alientank said:

No kidding, the first 3 were great, they better not fuck up

Nah, Id already fucked Quake 3 up.

If this is a sequel to Quake 2 like everyone says it is, it better rule.

Alientank said:

I believe Ravensoft is making Quake 4 are they not?

Yep. Jedi Knight 3 and X-Men: Legends as well.

Hexen rules!!!

The Heretic\Hexen series have more success then SoF1 & 2.
Why they wont create HeXen 3 based on the D3 engine???

wasted said:

Unfortunately not.

NiGHTMARE said:

Unfortunately not.

Is it???!!!

\huge teardrop just fell down out of the eyeless holes of my wasted skull

wasted said:

Hexen rules!!!

Why they wont create HeXen 3 based on the D3 engine???

thats exactly what I think they should do :)

wasted said:

Is it???!!!

\huge teardrop just fell down out of the eyeless holes of my wasted skull

Yeah, the Hexen and Heretic series are generally considered to be underdogs, i.e. they were great games but not that many people bought them. Like most of Looking Glass Studios' games (Thief, System Shock, etc).

Thats a shame. I do think Hexen deserves a little more respect from the world than it does now.

I can understand Heretic being the little guy. I mean, when my friends and I saw the demo, we said "What the fuck is this? Its Doom but the graphics are changed to magical wands and shit." Heretic is a little more than that, but thats what our 8 year old minds thought of it.

Hexen actually had a separate game style: better level effects than Doom or Heretic, 3 classes, assembling weapons, harder puzzles than just finding a few keys. It was a nice change from the usual Doom engine style.

But Nightmare's right, these games didn't sell too well. They should at least consider it for us underground fans hehe :).

Rubilacxe said:

...Hexen actually had a separate game style: better level effects than Doom or Heretic, 3 classes, assembling weapons, harder puzzles than just finding a few keys. It was a nice change from the usual Doom engine style.
...They should at least consider it for us underground fans hehe :).

Heh :).

I guess Raven just have no time to create a separate game universe for Heretic\HeXen series.

But the perspectives are just great: they might include lots of npc's and improve the rpg elements. The problem might appear with creating a serious plot and cool puzzles, but it is possible to do for such company as a Raven. I guess Raven has a unique chance to create Diablo-like game but as a fps.

wasted said:

The problem might appear with creating a serious plot

Maybe they should do what they're doing for Doom 3 and just start over, ignoring that Heretic/Hexen/Heretic II/Hexen 2 even happened.

Rubilacxe said:

Maybe they should do what they're doing for Doom 3 and just start over, ignoring that Heretic/Hexen/Heretic II/Hexen 2 even happened.

Yeah, they can create authentic scary gothic atmosphere... not like in Thief, more weird and twisted i guess...

Bahhh, midnight, swamp and the moonlight that blisters on your edge... The red eyes of the monsters are getting near... The smell of the blood in the air...

Make a lemmings game with the Doom 3 engine...
Or, a GOOD gothic horror (like Kiss psycho shit-ircus)