Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vorpal

Dream, not about Doom... but Doomworld.com!?!

Didn't remember it until checking Doomworld this morning. In the dream I loaded up Doomworld and it had a large message regarding Doomworld's "shutdown". It then went on to say it would remain as an archive, and further down the page was a forum where people would post their own news.

Kindof a good idea if Doomworld ever did die I guess, nevertheless in my dream I cried heh.

Shit, I recently had a Doomworld dream, too. It probably won't make sense but here goes:
I remember surfing Doomworld, and was on the messageboards, and their was a weird sub-forum (ie: Post Hell or General or a sub category) on movies and people could vote for favorite movies, and images from the movie would be placed and only 2 movies were voted for (Pulp Fiction, and another one) and the scheme was black and red, not black and blue for this forum, and it didn't even look like a forum, more like a webpage, but in the dream it was a forum. Of course when I was asleep this all made sense and I am aware that it makes absolutly no sense right now.

Heh, I've only had one dream about DW, and it was well over 18 months ago. Back then, Zaldron and I were the Classic Doom/Doom3 General Forum mods (respectively) and we had no mod tools, so Ling eventually coded a PHP script for us to screw with forum users :D

I posted this before, but anyways: the dream was about becoming an admin :P I caught Ling in IRC and talked him into promoting me. I got to see all the cool admin features like forum listings and properties, the user database, password listings, control panel with options like mass prune (which I used on Bane), and then it got whacko; like, I could order people and animals through the admin control panel, so I placed an order and Ling showed up with arioch (although I didn't order them), they raided my kitchen and ate part of the cabinets & table, threw up on me, and disappeared. I found myself trapped in the forum, vacuuming it's neverending floor. There was a mess of stupid posts lying around like sheets of paper. Ling's laughter eminated all around me.

Lüt said:

I could order people and animals through the admin control panel, so I placed an order and Ling showed up with arioch (although I didn't order them)

Whoa! So who/what did you actually order?

Lüt said:

Heh, I've only had one dream about DW, and it was well over 18 months ago. Back then, Zaldron and I were the Classic Doom/Doom3 General Forum mods (respectively) and we had no mod tools, so Ling eventually coded a PHP script for us to screw with forum users :D

I posted this before, but anyways: the dream was about becoming an admin :P I caught Ling in IRC and talked him into promoting me. I got to see all the cool admin features like forum listings and properties, the user database, password listings, control panel with options like mass prune (which I used on Bane), and then it got whacko; like, I could order people and animals through the admin control panel, so I placed an order and Ling showed up with arioch (although I didn't order them), they raided my kitchen and ate part of the cabinets & table, threw up on me, and disappeared. I found myself trapped in the forum, vacuuming it's neverending floor. There was a mess of stupid posts lying around like sheets of paper. Ling's laughter eminated all around me.

It wasnt a dream.