Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I must have missed the announcement or sometin', but what's the deal with this blog thing, and how do I mess with/post in mine?

The deal is that the forums can possibly be saved from crap that belongs in a blog.

Your blog is at doomworld.com/~Grimm

To post to it, send the post in a PM to blog.

To delete a blog entry, delete the message from your sent messages folder.

Grimm said:

I must have missed the announcement or sometin', but what's the deal with this blog thing, and how do I mess with/post in mine?

Basically, it's for all the boring stories/weird dreams/random stuff etc. that would normally be posted in Everything Else, but now gets put in a blog to prevent boredom taking over DW.

(btw, if you look at the bottom of your posts you'll see a blog link alongside the other links to your profile etc.)

I need to learn PHP, so I can make a utility that lets mods move forum posts directly into a user's blog.

Somebody recommend some good PHP tutorials, plz.

IMJack said:

I need to learn PHP, so I can make a utility that lets mods move forum posts directly into a user's blog.

Somebody recommend some good PHP tutorials, plz.

YEAH RIGHT

although someone (fraggle I think) had the bright idea of a blog forum instead of PMing the updates. Dunno, if some admin made the forum it would be an easy switch.

Linguica said:

YEAH RIGHT

although someone (fraggle I think) had the bright idea of a blog forum instead of PMing the updates. Dunno, if some admin made the forum it would be an easy switch.

k, I'll make the forum.