Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnatone

Robocop Vs. The Terminator

anybody remember the comics or the games? the games were fun, the comics were enjoyable.

anyway, being one who constantly gets ideas for projects, i had this idea. i already drew out some maps for it based on the old games and when i get home (i'm on vacation) i'll start mapping. of course, we'll need some resources and people to make sprites and stuff.

i know there was a robocop tc that seemed to have been scrapped a while back, which i downloaded but that was a while ago and the txt files don't give a showing of ownership. does anyone know who made this so i can contact them about resources? was there every anything made for a terminator tc? and would anyone be interested in working on this? if so, check my profile and email me (except for msn messenger, i won't be im-ing for a while). also, i'd like comments, suggestions, et cetera about this idea. thanks. :)

I played that super nintendo game once...very fun stuff :)

I believe a terminator MOD was made once..hard to believe if there wasn't...not sure where to find it. There were some skins released of terminator at some of the Doom Skin websites found over the web...lost my links to that tho. And I'm not sure who made Robocop. I'd love to help, but anyone who knows me knows I don't excell in the graphics, sound, music, and levels area of mods ;).

Theres my two cents for you :)

I have Robocop vs Terminator for SNES. That's a cool game.

You guys can find links to what you're looking for on my download page, except I don't know anything about a Terminator-only mod. I like this AvPvT theme patch.

monochrome, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

*sigh*

yep, another one.

Do not bother with THAT Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator. It doesn't make any sense the way everything is sloppily thrown together. It doesn't even work right (invincible enemies with no clipping, sprites switching between two different things, etc.). Half the sounds are someone yelling fuck. It takes most of its stuff (All the Terminators, the predators, and some aliens) from Werner Spahl's great Theme Patch and ruins them.

A couple years ago I was talking with Werner through e-mail about making a new official DosDoom DDF version of his patch, but I never did since DosDoom never got its multiplayer fixed. I just made a skin pack of it and an UNofficial alternate DEH more geared towards deathmatch. I am thinking about making it though.

With DosDoom/EDGE I should be able to entirely recreate the patch while keeping all normal Doom monsters intact, plus I could probably bring back the mine layer from older versions of Theme Patch that were only for Doom v1.2. I wonder if there may be a way to get multiplayer to work with modified DDF. Without any DDF mods multiplayer probably works fine. I only tested MP with wads containing DDF and the bigger the DDF modding wad, the quicker it crashed out of sync. Maybe MP will work the actual .ddf files modified instead of using a wad with changes. I think in EDGE they unfortunately completely disabled MP altogether.

EDIT: It seems Sparky made a fixed up version of AvPvT Doom you can find in the same directory as Theme Patch. I'd still go with Theme Patch though.

I liked Aliens vs. Predator vs. Terminator. A LOT better than some others. Are you sure you're not thinking of T2.wad, 'cause that's what it sounds like to me. Still, nothing beats playing through Knee-Deep in the Dead on Ultra-Violence with AVP installed. Ah, challenge . . .

NiGHTMARE said:
Why not do Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator vs Robocop? :)

Why stop there? lets have Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator vs Robocop vs Jedi vs X Men vs Superman vs matrix dude vs AndrewB

Werner Spahl's Theme Patch v1.7 > all other Alien, Predator, or Terminator patches for Doom to date, except Justin Fisher's Aliens TC.

JF's ATC and WS's TP are both great so I don't like to compare them to each other.