Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
diluted

doom 3 levels

i was thinking the other day, like the levels should be complicated, and i also think they should show the warping of reality when you start getting influenced by hell. and that parts of a level would be blocked off and you couldnt get to it till later in the levels. like return to them and whatnot. sorta like a HUB. and like fuck ups should influence what happens, instead of just dying.

wtf? plese write posts when you are not stoned and only if you have graduated from elementry school.

Yeah that wld be pretty cool, returning ot same level, would the corpses still be there? lol that'd be funny

oh yeah and monsters would come back, harder ones and maybe the supply of ammo can be just a tiny bit shorter. Makes t level a bit more interesting. New secrets that you couldent get before? Why not

and that parts of a level would be blocked off and you couldnt get to it till later in the levels.

As nice as this sounds... most players are not used to this kind of gameplay unless they are directed towards it. Usually, once you pass a level, that is it, and people don't want to spend time looking back. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you don't have 'sign-posts' telling people to head back to where they were before, they won't go back and will never visit the newly opened areas.
Remember, one of the things gamers hate the most is not knowing what to do, or where to go. And they hate to go through the same area twice unless there is a clear reason for it.

wtf? plese (DURR HAHAHA IM A NEWBIE) write posts when you are not stoned and only if you have graduated from elementry school.

look you fucking newbie shut the fuck up before i bash your skull in, and please write posts that actually have words that a retard could spell spelled correctly.

anyways, ellipsusd you have a point, it was just a idea, like the thought of different realitys, like physical and spirit type realitys. and once you got into a certain reality parts of the levels change, like something would be there that wasnt there before, or something, i dunno.

I'm not saying the idea is bad, but you would need to figure out a reason for the player to go back through the area again. It all depends on if id is willing to put that much time into level design, or if they turn it out as soon as possible to appease the masses.

a plausible idea could be that the minions of hell have hidden clues inside different realitys, thinking you wouldnt be able to figure out how to get to them

Hey, diluted, that would be a good idea with the hub system and all that. But wouldn't that be like HeXen, which is a game derived from Doom? Hmmmm......