Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
skadoomer

vavoom....

so how come when the source port vavoom is mentioned flames start to rise? Anyone with a ligitimate reson got anything against vavoom?

I tried it.I didnt like it.Couldnt even get it to work.So forget that.I use legacy,zdoom and edge.

forget about vavoom it doesn't even work on 50% of all users who tried it.
BTW. the screenshots i've seen looked crappy so i'll stay at zdoom/legacy/edge/jdoom

Don't even bother with Vavoom, it has so many cool-sounding features like slopes and 3d floors, but its a big dissappointment to play. Very low-quality overall, if you can even get it to work...

I tried it out. Couldn't get the .exe to work for some reason. It gave me a cryptic error message and crashed back to the Desktop.
Suckage. I DO NOT like it.

I tried it on my P133 ebay purchase, but it said "need Direct X7, Peter". So I installed this and then it used to crash again on startup until I installed "Dcon" (got the hint in a PC magazine, is a part that is needed by directX). Now it gives me the "segmentation violation" error on startup :/

But it runs ok on my Mac (in PC emulation) ^_^

Does anyone know what that 'segmentation violation' error means? I can only run Vavoom in OpenGL, because in D3d and software modes, I get the error.

"Segmentation violation" means that a pointer got wild, in other words program tried to read from or write to a protected memory area.

JL

vavoom....

.....sux0rs. I can get as far as to where I start a new game, and the fucker crashes. It says something about no GL nodes. I run the GLBSP program and try to start it again, but with the same friggin' result. Oh well.