• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Tran

Doom Legacy Newest version Pre-release!

This version of Doom Legacy is 1.41, it's features are

-Play against bots in multiplayer or single player
-Faster FPS
-Now you can just add as many bots as you want! Don't add too much like 30! It will crash and lag like hell!

it can be downloaded at newdoom.com

The bot lag depends on the level. There are levels that lag with 4 there are levels that you can put 31 bots in and it doesn't lag a bit. It's all dependent on how happy the bot node builder is with the levels layout. There's also lots of stuff besides the bots too, like up to 2048x2048 flats and textures, sharper scripted hud displays, MP3 / OGG suport for music, etc...

Heheh, Relik.

Got AIM/MSN/ICQ?

[EDIT] Hmm.....it could be good to shift the bots over the Hexen Legacy....

Hey Rellik, could you please pass this bug report onto the current Legacy team. I already posted it in the NewDoom forum (registered just to do that). I'd really like to see Legacy working better and I just want to get it through that some things desperately need to be fixed.

**Urgent Bug Reports**

for the Legacy team

I just did a good amount of thorough testing. I hope you appreciate it and use this info to squish some terrible bugs and make Legacy much funner to play with the next full release.

Old Problems still around:

1 and 2. These skin and dehacked problems still need to be fixed.

3. Sound is still screwed up when it comes to volume and possibly direction. Sometimes my own pistol shots sound quiet and distant. Sounds sometimes get cut short or out completely. Sound effects might also sound like they're coming from a different direction than they are.
(These sound problems are not to be confused with the cool effects of the random sound pitch option. I love those old school sounds.)

New problems with v1.41 pre-release:

1. Player running speed is horribly slower (even though the frame rate is good). I turned autorun off to see if it was still different than walking. Please restore the old running speed. -Turbo can counteract the problem but then you get the annoying "(player): is turbo!" message all the time.

2. In -opengl and -minigl modes (My vid card is Voodoo 3 3500 TV AGP), full screen pics/backgrounds (dm2interpic and titlepic) are blank white or black. STBAR is blank gray varying in lightness.

3. -3dfx mode still crashes for me. But now only a corner of titlepic was disappeared as the whole screen with what appeared to be scanlines through it. STBAR was really screwed up with "scanlines" through it.

Simple Requests:

1. Please lower the friction in water. I suggest allowing players to move twice as fast. Then it should actually make for some fun deathmatches. One of the great strengths of Doom's deathmatch over other games is being able to move so fast gives it a great defensive/evasive aspect. This is nonexistent when you're bogged down to sluggish movement speed.

2. Please make it not do the whole 3dfx logo thing when starting up in gl modes?

3. Please get rid of the "You have to end your game before starting a new one" and just let people start a new game anytime just like normal doom.exe, at least in single player. It's especially annoying testing things in single player with F7 no longer bringing up the end game option.

Gotcha, but I gotta wait a while till Hurdler gets back from vacation. So how's the Ground Zero thing coming? I was just rooting through your site again, check the sig. :)

Goddamn that was funny!

As far as I can tell it's the exact same speed that Legacy has always been, so far Gokuma is the only one to say it's changed. We'll see what other players say about it, and regardless I'll still ask the coders about it and make sure.

Rellik said:

...sharper scripted hud displays...

The FS HUD graphics aren't any sharper, I tried to tell you on the Legacy forum.

Sorry DW, tails told me that was in this release. Maybe he just hasn't told us how to use it or something, but I'm just repeating what the coders told me.

Oh heh, well I'd give you my MSN name but it wouldn't matter. I only log on to that about every month or two literally. You'd have a better chance catching me on DC.

Rellik said:

Oh heh, well I'd give you my MSN name but it wouldn't matter. I only log on to that about every month or two literally. You'd have a better chance catching me on DC.

K! I'll keep a look-out for you there, and thanx!

Derrick said:

Gokuma: What happened to Ground Zero that was a pretty cool TC!

I guess it's coming along slowly. I've just recently been working on another level for it.