Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is your favorite Fps and why?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Fps and why?

• Half-life
    • Doom
    • Duke Nukem3D
    • Blood
    • Serious Sam
    • Other
    • Imp Sex Encounter

We've had discussions like this a million times, but anyway: Doom. Reason is because I say so.

Quake 2

Because of the great DM, easy customization, and the pretty killer single player.

Doom comes in close behind, but only the first game. Single player is fucking cool, as are several of the pwads. I never liked deathmatch though (why I ever agreed to make a DM megawad with Baldy is beyond my comprehension).

Coming in behind those are Heretic, Catacomb 3d, Aliens Vs. Predator, Goldeneye and Halo.

well, doom to me is obvious. it was a breakthrough game that revolutionized the industry and spawned countless numbers of clones. it's editing capabilities make it possible for anyone to do any number of things with it that allow it to be enjoyable to play even ten years later.

of course, half life is a great game because it's fun to play and has a great storyline. opposing force was even better because it was basically an updated version of doom.

i haven't played any of the other games on the poll, but i must say i did enjoy quake 2 and halo. halo especially since i'm into the whole marine/combat thing (starship troopers being one of my favorite books of all time).

Well, aside from the obvious (Doom), I would have to say Blood. There has yet to be a game that compares to it in atmosphere or design, which is a shame. Horror themed games rock.

999cop said:

HTF was Half Life scary!?

Those ceiling barnacle things terrified me.

waoh, Imp Sex Encounter is a clear winner here it seems

fraggle said:

Those ceiling barnacle things terrified me.

and the headcrabs were always good for a shock

They Hunger was pretty frightening at parts on the first time through. For those of you who have Half-Life, I suggest you try it out.

funny that noone mentioned the awesome epic "imp sex encounter" considering how many votes it got.

ISE rules!!! I've played that one since i was born (was i?). It is scary, and it had awsome single with such a unique plot!!! I have no word to describe DeathImpMatch - its just so F_kin cool!!!

:::::) + :::::) = lOvE!!!

System Shock and second System Shock 2, both featuring a hacker alone on a spaceship fighting against software that became selfaware.
In the first version, no monsters, no magical creatures,no supermans, no knights or dragons, only cyberdreams.

Hmmm, the number of votes for Imp Sex Encounter is equal to almost half of earth's population.
I suspect foul play!

Assmaster said:

Hmmm, the number of votes for Imp Sex Encounter is equal to almost half of earth's population.
I suspect foul play!

Nah, it's just the beginning of the Doom 3 newbie invasion.

That's a negative number, which means Imp Sex Encounter received far less votes than Duke Nukem 3D and Serious Sam.

Doom wins.

Doom, then duke, then the quake series, then unreal, then HL, THEN AVP. It goes on.

I'll give a personal analysis later on.

Ichor said:

That's a negative number, which means Imp Sex Encounter received far less votes than Duke Nukem 3D and Serious Sam.

Doom wins.

Even though it got -0.19% of the vote...

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Even though it got -0.19% of the vote...

Yeah, look at the percentages. Clearly, Doom at -0.19% is by far the least amount of votes.

No wait, but it has the most votes. Er the least.

Freak it, I'd rather spend my time trying to figure out the square root of -10.

AndrewB said:

Freak it, I'd rather spend my time trying to figure out the square root of -10.

sqrt 10 * i

Favourite f.p.s.? doom all the way, but for a change of speed try kingpin. Okay it's getting on a bit now but it still holds up a lot of challenges on the harder skill levels and it looks nice i.e urban and gritty. And lets not forget that it has a serious flame thrower which looks awesome even now. Worth a play I reckon.