Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Degenerate

DoomCAD problems!

I just started editing and when i do integrity check i get "sect #, referred to by only 0lDefs" i have no idea what that means.

Also i am getting patches of "hall of mirrors" on my floor and cieling that werent there before... im confused

That old editor blew it by deleting linedefs without deleting the actual sector, it sounds like. The pathes of hall of mirros are from the phantom sector without any linedefs. A newer better editor can fix that and make deleting sectors less painful.

yeah, doomcad doesn't delete sectors when you remove all the linedefs or verts.

really, if i were you i wouldn't touch that 'integrity check' at all, it's really worthless. but if you want to clear out room in your map you can always run it through the shareware version of deepsea or something.

nice to see there's still a few others out there using doomcad, it's a nice but admittedly very slow and out-of-date editor.

Well i downloaded DeepSea shareware and redid the entire level in like 10 minutes... no glitches or anything so maybe ill stick with DeepSea (although it seems kinda unstable, crashes a lot on this old piece of junk)

From the top of my head: Karthik and Varun Abhiram, Paul Corfiatis, Richard Wiles and me.

And who are they?

People who use DoomCAD.

It's not totally worthless as it finds plenty of stuff that is fixable. DoomCAD however does blow in the deletion of sectors and linedefs.

As long as you have in mind (or even beter, on paper) what you want to do beforehand, you shouldn't need to delete any sectors.

Ultraviolet said:

As long as you have in mind (or even beter, on paper) what you want to do beforehand, you shouldn't need to delete any sectors.

For the most part I think you're right but sometimes it's still needed to delete a sector now and then. Myself I rarely ever deleted any sectors until I started to rework my old maps.