Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnatone

favorite DW quote

Recommended Posts

since we have a shitload of thse, what are your favorite quotes from doomworld or the doom community in general? i'd have to say mine is 'you fail it' because i can use it in my everyday life, though i have been experimenting with 'fp: props to all logged in trolls!' even without the slightest clue of what it means. there's also of course the memorable bbg tag and the coffee that i still don't know why not to drink. and others like the one in my sig. so what are yours?

Share this post


Link to post

fp, props to all logged in trolls!

Well this would've been better if I'd actually got fp...

Share this post


Link to post

I actually use "you fail it" in Real Life. But I think my favorite quote is:
Pritch: "I think we're missing the point here, and that is the French are useless and gay."

Share this post


Link to post
Assmaster said:

But I think my favorite quote is:
Pritch: "I think we're missing the point here, and that is the French are useless and gay."

sigged*

*also one of my favorite quotes.

Share this post


Link to post

What about the Railgunner classic: "im not a homophob. i just thing men fucking men is nasty"?

Actually, there were quite a few Railgunner classics, but that's the only one I "thing" I remember correctly. There was another one about "i have freinds with whores" or something.

It's hard to imagine what sort of response you'd get in RL if you started saying "fp! props to all logged in trolls!". BTW, it means something like "First post! Greetings/acknowledgements to all those who (like me) are making troll posts while logged in under their standard username", but fraggle and Fredrik have hinted that there is more to it than that.

Doom Anomaly's "roofle cakes" got me chuckling, as did MACVILE_WHORE's "GOATBOAT to you".

Oh, and this thread contains some good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Grazza said:

Oh, and this thread contains some good stuff.


HAHAHAH, that's the funniest thing I've seen all week, oh man that brightened my day...

Joe Todd said:

What is a "Porn Link"?


heh

Share this post


Link to post
Grazza said:

BTW, it means something like "First post! Greetings/acknowledgements to all those who (like me) are making troll posts while logged in under their standard username", but fraggle and Fredrik have hinted that there is more to it than that.

Not really much more to it, it's just that it orginates in the Slashdot troll culture.

Share this post


Link to post

"What the fuck does WTF mean?"

I actualy peed my pants laughing at that. Of course, that was over 2 years ago, when the internet was more funny to me.

Share this post


Link to post

Dear (died) Are you pooking?"

What I AM A MORON I AM A MORON you thinking if something close this stupid site,
It was big mistake that i regestered on this ball site.
All web masters have done good job (about design) And what are you all people doing on that site, ofcourse BALL sITe.
Stupid queations STUPID IDEA STUPID FORUMS STUPID ... HHHHHHHH ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

DOOM is not a game this is black disk with something eggs on pictures.
Doomers ball shit snakes.


You can't beat that.

Anyway, I think stuff like "you fail it" or "fp! props to all logged on trolls" can't be considered DW quotes since they didn't really originate here.

Share this post


Link to post
Grazza said:

It's hard to imagine what sort of response you'd get in RL if you started saying "fp! props to all logged in trolls!". BTW, it means something like "First post! Greetings/acknowledgements to all those who (like me) are making troll posts while logged in under their standard username", but fraggle and Fredrik have hinted that there is more to it than that.

On Slashdot, among other places, it is kind of like a "game" to try to make the first comment post to a new story. Hence "first post!" is what people type as they try to get the first post.

Slashdot has a kind of bizarre troll subcommunity, consisting of people who generally just post bizarre offtopic stuff to the site. On slashdot you can post logged in if you have an account or post anonymously as "Anonymous Coward". Trolls posting with logged in accounts are given more "respect" than anonymous trolls, just because they have the balls to identify themselves. So with "first post! props to all logged in trolls", you're trying to get the first post, and dedicating it to all the logged in trolls.

I dont think theres really much more to it than that - except that its kind of a pseudo-meme, like "all your base are belong to us".

The whole thing is really really stupid.

Share this post


Link to post

Topic says:
favorite DW quote


I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON I AM A MORON

Share this post


Link to post

[i]Dear (died) Are you pooking?"

What I AM A MORON I AM A MORON you thinking if something close this stupid site,
It was big mistake that i regestered on this ball site.
All web masters have done good job (about design) And what are you all people doing on that site, ofcourse BALL sITe.
Stupid queations STUPID IDEA STUPID FORUMS STUPID ... HHHHHHHH ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

DOOM is not a game this is black disk with something eggs on pictures.
Doomers ball shit snakes.


hehe for some reason I remember that quote...I couldn't stop laughing....I had no idea that Doomers ball shit snakes tho. Then again, DOOM is not a game. This is black disk with something eggs on pictures, but I should've known that, having played the game for so many years.

I learn somthing new every day it seems ;)

Share this post


Link to post

I liked this one a lot:

the_Danarchist said:

And I'd say Hugo Weaving did pretty well as Elrond, though it was a bit unsettling the first time I saw the movie since the only other thing I saw him in was the Matrix. I kept expecting him to stand up during the Council at one point and say to somone, "what is the use of arguing about the fate of the One Ring...when you cannot speak."


I also remember Linguica doing a brilliant, first-class flame-attack in some Newstuff Chronicles thread. But I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

EDIT: Took me a while, but it was worth it! Here goes:

Linguica said:

Hyena you moronic pile of donkey shit, you wouldn't know a good levelset if it jumped out of your monitor and attempted to bite off your microscopic dick. Arctic Wolf is an amazing partial conversion and you spend multiple paragraphs spouting diarrhea about how you can't figure out how to make the Dehacked patch function. Maybe if your inbred reptilian brain had a few more sparking neurons you would realize that the problem was with your inability to properly type commands and not with one of Laz's greatest masterpieces. Why don't you put your mongoloid face through a plate glass window and spare us all your dim-bulb attempts at reviewing. Not recommend playing it? I do not recommend you continue to breathe, you witless idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
fraggle said:

explained 'fp, props to all logged in trolls!'

thanks. now i can explain this to everyone offline in real life what that means when i say it. :)

oh yeah, could somebody explain why i can't drink the c0ff33? i'm getting awefully thirsty.

Share this post


Link to post

Lost Soul said:

Deadnail Said:

Christ in a dumptruck people, GET LAID!!

Easy for you to quote!

Assmaster said:

Heh. That thread is a fucking classic. I remember on Doomcenter when they reached like 2000 posts or something and Lüt was like 'heh, I have 3 times that on DW' then whipped out that thread right there.

Share this post


Link to post
monochrome said:

thanks. now i can explain this to everyone offline in real life what that means when i say it. :)

oh yeah, could somebody explain why i can't drink the c0ff33? i'm getting awefully thirsty.


Maybe it has to do with MacvileWhore's sig about pissing in the c0ff33.

Share this post


Link to post

what ever happend to that thread when I had that fucktarded flamewar with Liam? Now that's a classic!

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Arno said:

Linguica said:
Hyena you moronic pile of donkey shit, you wouldn't know a good levelset if it jumped out of your monitor and attempted to bite off your microscopic dick. Arctic Wolf is an amazing partial conversion and you spend multiple paragraphs spouting diarrhea about how you can't figure out how to make the Dehacked patch function. Maybe if your inbred reptilian brain had a few more sparking neurons you would realize that the problem was with your inability to properly type commands and not with one of Laz's greatest masterpieces. Why don't you put your mongoloid face through a plate glass window and spare us all your dim-bulb attempts at reviewing. Not recommend playing it? I do not recommend you continue to breathe, you witless idiot.

Heh, as much as I love Hyena, that is one of the greatest flames ever. The first time I got to the last sentence I nearly wept with laughter.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×