Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Doomabet (not art, but Doom gfx)

(.jpg version)

(.png version)

Use as needed, but maybe, if you're feeling nice, link to my site or give me, Samuel Horwitz, some credit for ripping them.

--I know I have posted this already in the "Blog" forum, but that was for my blog. I'm posting it here for veiwing in the forums, even though you can veiw in the blog forums.--

EDIT: This was made for people who want to use Doom images as gfx. It is easier, for a text file, to use the Doom true type font, or Doom font (non-true type) which can be found in the id Games archive, on Doomworld. If you have time and want to create a complex image for a website or booklet or something this is for you. Just remember to give me credit. For those who want things perfect, give the letters 16 pixels, exactley, from every other letter, above it, and sideways to it. BTW, the jpg is good if you want it to look OpenGL, and the png is what it looks like in vanilla Doom. Enjoy!

...where did my post go? Anyway, it read "WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!?" :-)

Oh, here they are, on my webspace, until whacky gets off damn Geocities (please, don't rape my bandwith)

BBG said:

...where did my post go? Anyway, it read "WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!?" :-)

It's here, just where you left it. Reminds me of Monster Condo, sort of.

Heh yeah, insertwackynamehere, Geosissies won't let you post or show pictures, music or such on other sites, but it allows text to be hosted and shown on other sites, so Just change those files to .txt files and they will work fine. :D
Or you can just support a link to them. :D
Or you can just look at BBG's post under it. :D

Use as needed, but give me, Samuel Horwitz, credit.

Why would anyone give you credit for something you did not create? This is almost as stupid as wollywool.

BBG said:

Yeah, just make an HTML with those two pics on it and VIOLA

Viola? Where? I prefer the violin.

Anyway hasn't this been done before?

pritch said:

Anyway hasn't this been done before?

Most likely, but hes just giving us another one, just in case we forgot. ;)

Hmm... give your credits for ripping graphics from doom2.wad?.
Btw, there is a program there create level names automatic. So...

First of all, it says give id Software credit for the art, so I'm not trying to get that credit. I'm just saying to give me credit for taking the time to extract them, as sprites. Second of all, where do you get that program?

well, it is rare, but i was used to make the cwl names in Alien vendetta and scythe. I don't know if a site have it, but I got it from Anders Johnsen.

First of all, don't bring up that subject again, or a giant flamewar/mass banning will most-likley occur. (I side with the Doom64 team, BTW) Second of all, it is not stupid. Take a look at this: http://www.3dactionplanet.com/doom/poti/sprites.asp. It's common to put copyrights on sprite sheets. Third of all: Use it or don't use it. I don't give a shit whether you like it or not, I'm not here to please you.

insertwackynamehere said:

First of all, it says give id Software credit for the art, so I'm not trying to get that credit. I'm just saying to give me credit for taking the time to extract them, as sprites.

What are you trying to actually claim credit for? I can type a single command line and deutex will dump all the sprites in doom.wad to image files automatically in just a couple of seconds.

He's claiming credit for compiling the images. True, it's no major feat. But still, he's the one who did it. All he'd like is a little credit for doing so if someone decides to use the images. Doesnt seem like such a big deal.

My only problem is that I disagree with the wording you've used - you say "but give me credit" - ie. you can only use the material (which is ids stuff anyway, not yours) if credit is given to you. I think a better option would be something like "if you use this for something, it would be nice if you gave me credit" - ie. ask for credit but dont demand it. I think most people would be happy to if you werent so demanding about it. Remember, it isnt your material anyway, so you're not really in a position to be making demands.